On 19 sept. 08, at 18:00, Aditya Mahajan wrote: > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Otared KAVIAN wrote: >> […] >> luatools --selfupdate >> >> results in: >> LuaTools | to be replaced old script /usr/texbin/luatools >> LuaTools | unable to locate new script >> LuaTools | >> LuaTools | runtime: 0.082 seconds > > I do not know how MacOX works, but do you have permissions to write > on /usr/texbin as a user? If not, you would have to run > > sudo luatools --selfupdate > > and then proceed. Hi Aditya, Many thanks for your answer: in fact I tried once with "sudo luatools --selfupdate", but the answer is: LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known) LuaTools | to be replaced old script /usr/texbin/luatools LuaTools | unable to locate new script LuaTools | LuaTools | runtime: 0.002 seconds Nevertheless, I have already issued the command export TEXMFCNF="/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/web2c/" Can it be that I have to add other paths to TEXMFCNF? In this case how one can find all these paths to add? Has something changed recently in the ways TEXMFCNF has to be set? Thanks again: OK