Mojca, I saw your note on blog.miktex.org: If you still want to run ConTeXt on MikTeX while it has been removed, you may create a file texmfstart.bat in C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7 \miktex\bin with the content: @echo off ruby "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\scripts\context\ruby\texmfstart.rb" "%*" and extract www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip into C: \Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7. Then, update filename database and generate formats, and everything should work again. Mojca I followed this advice, installed texmfstart.bat, unzipped cont- tmf.zip properly, updated the filename database, then got stuck. At the dos prompt: $ texmfstart --help Worked just fine. However, $ texmfstart texexec --help Did not work. What am I missing? If I recall I'll need to do: $ texmfstart texexec --make --all Or some such thing. David Arnold College of the Redwoods Mathematics Department Eureka, CA 95501 (707) 476-4222 http://online.redwoods.edu/instruct/darnold/