* Latest changes in some size registers
@ 2019-02-22  3:37 Martin Bruchanov
From: Martin Bruchanov @ 2019-02-22  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have some very condensed documents which should fit on one page:

http://gnulinux.guru/bash_cheatsheet.pdf

Without any major change in style definition, there is more space around
sections or itemize:

http://gnulinux.guru/bash_cheatsheet_diff.pdf

Source code is here:

https://github.com/BruXy/gnulinux.guru/tree/master/bash_tahak

Did I miss some update which has introduced some different length settings?

I have version: 2019.02.14 16:57

Regards,

BruXy

* Re: Latest changes in some size registers
@ 2019-02-25 16:39 ` Martin Bruchanov
From: Martin Bruchanov @ 2019-02-25 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have just done some manual  changes to solve this:

  before={\blank[1*small]} to  before={\blank[-5pt]},%

Btw, is there any way to display values of these visual attributes when
I need to debug "setupsection" setting?

(I am usually changing a lot of stuff and comparing it with Wiki and
output, but it is quite lame approach.)

Regards,

BruXy

@ 2019-02-25 16:48   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-02-25 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Bruchanov schrieb am 25.02.19 um 17:39:
> I have just done some manual  changes to solve this:
>
>   before={\blank[1*small]} to  before={\blank[-5pt]},%
>
> Btw, is there any way to display values of these visual attributes when
> I need to debug "setupsection" setting?
>
> (I am usually changing a lot of stuff and comparing it with Wiki and
> output, but it is quite lame approach.)

\usemodule [setups]

\starttext

% \setuphead [..,..=..,..]
\showrootvalues [head]

% \setuphead [chapter] [..,..=..,..]
\showinstancevalues [head] [chapter]

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Latest changes in some size registers
@ 2019-02-25 17:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-02-25 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Bruchanov schrieb am 22.02.19 um 04:37:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some very condensed documents which should fit on one page:
>
> http://gnulinux.guru/bash_cheatsheet.pdf
>
> Without any major change in style definition, there is more space
> around sections or itemize:
>
> http://gnulinux.guru/bash_cheatsheet_diff.pdf
>
> Source code is here:
>
> https://github.com/BruXy/gnulinux.guru/tree/master/bash_tahak
>
> Did I miss some update which has introduced some different length
> settings?
>
> I have version: 2019.02.14 16:57

The columns-environment uses now the newer mixedcolumns code
which create by default different spaces around section titles.

The old columns code can be loaded as a module with
\usemodule[old-multicolumns]

Wolfgang

* Re: Latest changes in some size registers
@ 2019-02-25 19:05   ` Martin Bruchanov
From: Martin Bruchanov @ 2019-02-25 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfang,

Thank you very much for both answers!

I have updated it on wiki:

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Visual_Debugging#Layout

Regards,

BruXy

@ 2019-02-25 21:44   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2019-02-25 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi Wolfgang,

that is a nice coincidence! I was stuck just today with this very issue! Thank you for this information.

Best

Willi

@ 2019-02-25 22:30     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-02-25 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger schrieb am 25.02.19 um 22:44:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> that is a nice coincidence! I was stuck just today with this very issue! Thank you for this information.

You can try the two solutions (“grid=no” or “strut=no”) from this old
thread: https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/093250.html

Wolfgang

* Re: Latest changes in some size registers
@ 2019-02-26 22:06       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2019-02-26 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Wolfgang I would like to have your capacity of remembering things… Thank you so much!

Willi