* Re: Line Wrapping/Hyphenation in Chapter/Section Headings
       [not found] <mailman.60.1331975009.3819.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-03-18  3:26 ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-03-18  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Wolfgang,

> Use also the "broad" keyword for align which makes ConTeXt more tolerant to break the line with ragged text.

That did the trick. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Malte.

* Re: Color Lost when Using 'texexec' vs  'context'
       [not found] <mailman.60.1331975009.3819.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-03-18  3:36 ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-03-18  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Mojca, Wolfgang,

Thank you for explaining that. I had read about the two different versions MkII and MkIV, but did not realise that 'texexec' is the former while 'context' is the latter.

> How old was the manual that you were reading?

I got that from the "Context Manual" ("Context Manual (cont-eni).pdf"), Section 1.4, which I downloaded quite recently from the website (I have been using Context for less than 2 months). It is dated November 2001, so quite old, you're right. What should I be reading instead? Is there something newer?

The reason I switched to "texexec" was this (from the "Context Manual": "During the processing of itemizations the number of items is counted. This is the case with all versions. The next pass this information is used to determine the optimal location to start a new page. So do not despair when at the first parse your itemizations do not look the way you expected. When using TEXexec this is all taken care of."

Is this still a problem with "context" or is this problem somehow solved with MkIV anyway?

Thank you for all your help; this mailing-list proves very helpful to a novice like me.

Regards,
Malte.

@ 2012-03-18  8:09   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-18  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The reason I switched to "texexec" was this (from the "Context Manual": "During the processing of itemizations the number of items is counted. This is the case with all versions. The next pass this information is used to determine the optimal location to start a new page. So do not despair when at the first parse your itemizations do not look the way you expected. When using TEXexec this is all taken care of."
>
> Is this still a problem with "context" or is this problem somehow solved with MkIV anyway?

ConTeXt needs two passes for itemize when you use the “fit” option to determine the width for the numbers or when you use reversed or random numbers but this works in MkII and MkIV. Page breaks before/between items can be controlled by a few keywords (intro, loose etc.) but ConTeXt doesn’t use twopass information for this.

Wolfgang

* Re: Color Lost when Using 'texexec' vs 'context'
@ 2012-03-17  9:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-17  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.03.2012 um 09:55 schrieb Malte Stien:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using some darkgray in my documents, as in
>
>  \color[darkgray] foo...
>
> which was working out well as long as I was processing my documents with the 'context' command. I recently started using 'texexec' instead, as in
>
>  texexec --pdf definitions-acronyms-and-abbreviations.tex
>
> (which, I understand is preferable) and strangely, all of my darkgray text is now rendered black. Any ideas why the command makes a difference and what to do about it?

The is a big different between the “context” and the “texexec” commands, with “context” you use MkIV (LuaTeX) to process your document while “texexec” uses MkII (pdfTeX [default] or XeTeX) to produce the PDF. The reason why you don’t get colors is that they are disabled in MkII and you have to enable them first with \setupcolors[state=start] but for MkIV this has changed and colors are now enabled by default.

Wolfgang

* Re: Color Lost when Using 'texexec' vs 'context'
@ 2012-03-17  9:00 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-03-17  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 09:55, Malte Stien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using some darkgray in my documents, as in
>
>  \color[darkgray] foo...
>
> which was working out well as long as I was processing my documents with the 'context' command. I recently started using 'texexec' instead, as in
>
>  texexec --pdf definitions-acronyms-and-abbreviations.tex
>
> (which, I understand is preferable) and strangely, all of my darkgray text is now rendered black. Any ideas why the command makes a difference and what to do about it?

You can either use ConTeXt MKII (with pdftex, invoked with "texexec")
or ConTeXt MKIV (with luatex, invoked with "context"). How old was the
manual that you were reading?

In MKII you need \setupcolors[state=start] to get the colors working.

MKII is not really preferable, except when you are looking for
slightly more stability or when you don't need some advanced features.
It is more stable, older and uses pdftex instead of luatex. But it
also lacks many nice features and bugs from ConTeXt MKIV :).

Mojca

* Color Lost when Using 'texexec' vs 'context'
@ 2012-03-17  8:55 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-03-17  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

I am using some darkgray in my documents, as in

  \color[darkgray] foo...

which was working out well as long as I was processing my documents with the 'context' command. I recently started using 'texexec' instead, as in

  texexec --pdf definitions-acronyms-and-abbreviations.tex

(which, I understand is preferable) and strangely, all of my darkgray text is now rendered black. Any ideas why the command makes a difference and what to do about it?

Regards,
Malte.

PS: Sorry, for one of my previous emails in which I replied to the full daily digest, which resulted in a very long email to everyone. Won't happen again.