* bug in \setuparranging
@ 2011-09-22  6:07 Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2011-09-22  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Hans:

There's a bug in \setuparranging.

The following case is easy to be understood:

- I try to typeset "zapf" into a A4 landscape paper
- For the final output pdf, I want to rotate all the pages by 270 degrees.

This sounds strange. But it is useful in vertical typesetting of CJK
language. (for example, use xetex font definition's  :vertical feature
to rotate all the fonts used, typeset on normal paper, and rotate the
page back. I certainly hope someday I can use MKIV's muti-dir omega
features, but now it's broken so this is the best way I can find)

The code is listed below:

\setuppapersize[A4,landscape][A4]
\setuppaper     [nx=1,ny=1]
\setuparranging     [XY, rotated, 270]
\setupcolors        [state=start]
\setupbackgrounds   [page][page][background=screen]
\setuppagenumbering [state=stop]

\starttext
\input zapf
\stoptext

The bug:

- in MKIV, it output no pages at all
- in MKII (both xetex and pdftex), the output page is not, however,
A4. but rather a square page with width=height=A4 height.

I hope this bug can be fixed soon.

By the way, are there other ways to rotate pages other than
setuparranging? From my daily use I found setup arranging is pretty
buggy. sometimes it even affects the layout of the contents. So most
time I have to compile a pdf, and than use setup arranging to
rearrange the pdf again to make the contents safe.

Yue Wang