* Continuous Item Numbering throughout an Entire Document
@ 2014-05-07 23:17 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2014-05-07 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a rather long document listing a number of items, which I need to be numbered continuously throughout the entire document. The following approach appears to work well, except that the numbering restarts at the beginning of every chapter. Is there a way that can be avoided?

\startitemize[n]
  \item bar
  \item faz
\stopitemize[n]

\startitemize[n, continue]
  \item foo
  \item bla
\stopitemize[n]

Thank you,
Malte.

--
“The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder... Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe.”

― Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

* Re: Continuous Item Numbering throughout an Entire Document
@ 2014-05-08  4:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-05-08  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.05.2014 um 01:17 schrieb Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a rather long document listing a number of items, which I need to be numbered continuously throughout the entire document. The following approach appears to work well, except that the numbering restarts at the beginning of every chapter. Is there a way that can be avoided?
>
> \startitemize[n]
>  \item bar
>  \item faz
> \stopitemize[n]
>
> \startitemize[n, continue]
>  \item foo
>  \item bla
> \stopitemize[n]

1. Show complete examples and not only code snippets.

2. The \stopitemize command has *no* argument.

3. You have to use the \setupcounter command to set a continues numbering.

\setupcounter[itemgroup:itemize][way=bytext]

\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][n,continue]

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}
  {\chapter{First chapter}
   \dorecurse{2}
     {\startitemize
      \dorecurse{3}{\item Item \recurselevel}
      \stopitemize}}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Continuous Item Numbering throughout an Entire Document
@ 2014-05-08 10:49 ` Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2014-05-08 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1429 bytes --]

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Dr Malte Stien <malte.stien@smartward.com.au
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a rather long document listing a number of items, which I need to
> be numbered continuously throughout the entire document. The following
> approach appears to work well, except that the numbering restarts at the
> beginning of every chapter. Is there a way that can be avoided?
>
> \startitemize[n]
>   \item bar
>   \item faz
> \stopitemize[n]
>
> \startitemize[n, continue]
>   \item foo
>   \item bla
> \stopitemize[n]
>
> Thank you,
> Malte.
>

> Dr Malte Stien | Chief Technology Officer | SmartWard Pty Ltd
> E: malte.stien@smartward.com.au | W: www.smartward.com.au
> P: +61 (0)2 6230 9477 | M: +61 (0)413 928 895
> -- Please consider the environment before printing this email --

This was already answered earlier today.

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2014/078012.html

/Mikael

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 3268 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: Smartwardlogo2.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 4759 bytes --]

* Continuous Item Numbering throughout an Entire Document
@ 2014-05-07 23:11 Dr Malte Stien
From: Dr Malte Stien @ 2014-05-07 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)