* Bugs in current beta
@ 2010-08-10 15:36 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-08-10 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

for me (OS X 10.6.4)
mtxrun –script server –auto
do not work. If I click on a font name I get:
MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
MTXrun | requested action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
MTXrun | performing action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
MTXrun | requested file '/mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular'
MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found

Another thing is the streams-module. Here is an example:

\usemodule[streams]
\definestreamlayer[test][method=overlay]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=test]

\starttext  \showframe
\startstreamlayer[test]
  \startcolumns
    \input knuth
  \stopcolumns
\stopstreamlayer

\setlayer[test][x=5cm,y=10cm]{\placestreamlayer[test]}
\stoptext

And here the error:
! Undefined control sequence.
l.19 \defineoutputstream[\v!left]

Greeting
	Andreas

* Re: Bugs in current beta
@ 2010-08-10 21:44 ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-08-10 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.08.2010 um 17:36 schrieb Andreas Harder:

> Hi all,
>
> for me (OS X 10.6.4)
> mtxrun –script server –auto
> do not work. If I click on a font name I get:
> MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
> MTXrun | requested action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
> MTXrun | performing action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
> MTXrun | requested file '/mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular'
> MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found
>
> Another thing is the streams-module. Here is an example:
>
> \usemodule[streams]
> \definestreamlayer[test][method=overlay]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=test]
>
> \starttext  \showframe
> \startstreamlayer[test]
>  \startcolumns
>    \input knuth
>  \stopcolumns
> \stopstreamlayer
>
> \setlayer[test][x=5cm,y=10cm]{\placestreamlayer[test]}
> \stoptext
>
> And here the error:
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.19 \defineoutputstream[\v!left]

One more:

\definelist[test]

\starttext
\input tufte

\writetolist[test]{.1}{test}

\input tufte
\stoptext

There shouldn't be a whitespace between the paragraphs, should there?

Greeting
	Andreas

* Re: Bugs in current beta
@ 2010-08-11  8:08   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-11  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-8-2010 11:44, Andreas Harder wrote:

> \starttext
> \input tufte
>
> \writetolist[test]{.1}{test}
>
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
>
> There shouldn't be a whitespace between the paragraphs, should there?

this is a side effect of the fact that the write becomes a node which is
needed because we need to know where (on what page) the entry is written

we can make an \directwritetolist is needed but that is hardly useful as
it does not carry the right info then

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Bugs in current beta
@ 2010-08-11  9:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-11  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-8-2010 5:36, Andreas Harder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for me (OS X 10.6.4)
> mtxrun –script server –auto
> do not work. If I click on a font name I get:
> MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
> MTXrun | requested action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
> MTXrun | performing action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
> MTXrun | requested file '/mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular'
> MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found
>
> Another thing is the streams-module. Here is an example:
>
> \usemodule[streams]
> \definestreamlayer[test][method=overlay]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=test]
>
> \starttext  \showframe
> \startstreamlayer[test]
>    \startcolumns
>      \input knuth
>    \stopcolumns
> \stopstreamlayer
>
> \setlayer[test][x=5cm,y=10cm]{\placestreamlayer[test]}
> \stoptext
>
> And here the error:
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.19 \defineoutputstream[\v!left]

This is not really a bug. Streams in mkii are an experiment and will not
be developed further (is a module after all). In mkiv there will be a
different mechanism. There is some experimental code ... copied from the
source:

\enabletrackers[streams.flushing]

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid

\starttext

\input tufte

\startoutputstream[nl]

Wat doen we hier?

\enableoutputstream[en]

Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx}

\dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par
\pushoutputstream}

\enableoutputstream[de]

Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy}

\dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par
\pushoutputstream}

\disableoutputstream

\stopoutputstream

Vader Jacob, slaap je nog?\footnote{zzz}

\input tufte

\synchronizestreams[en,de,nl]

\page \flushoutputstream[en] \input knuth
\page \flushoutputstream[de] \input knuth
\page \flushoutputstream[nl] \input knuth

\stoptext

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Bugs in current beta
@ 2010-08-11  9:31   ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-08-11  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.08.2010 um 11:22 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 10-8-2010 5:36, Andreas Harder wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> for me (OS X 10.6.4)
>> mtxrun –script server –auto
>> do not work. If I click on a font name I get:
>> MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
>> MTXrun | requested action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
>> MTXrun | performing action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
>> MTXrun | requested file '/mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular'
>> MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found
>>
>> Another thing is the streams-module. Here is an example:
>>
>> \usemodule[streams]
>> \definestreamlayer[test][method=overlay]
>> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=test]
>>
>> \starttext  \showframe
>> \startstreamlayer[test]
>>   \startcolumns
>>     \input knuth
>>   \stopcolumns
>> \stopstreamlayer
>>
>> \setlayer[test][x=5cm,y=10cm]{\placestreamlayer[test]}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> And here the error:
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> l.19 \defineoutputstream[\v!left]
>
> This is not really a bug. Streams in mkii are an experiment and will not be developed further (is a module after all). In mkiv there will be a different mechanism. There is some experimental code ... copied from the source:
>
> \enabletrackers[streams.flushing]
>
> \setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid
>
> \starttext
>
> \input tufte
>
> \startoutputstream[nl]
>
> Wat doen we hier?
>
> \enableoutputstream[en]
>
> Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx}
>
> \dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par \pushoutputstream}
>
> \enableoutputstream[de]
>
> Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy}
>
> \dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par \pushoutputstream}
>
> \disableoutputstream
>
> \stopoutputstream
>
> Vader Jacob, slaap je nog?\footnote{zzz}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \synchronizestreams[en,de,nl]
>
> \page \flushoutputstream[en] \input knuth
> \page \flushoutputstream[de] \input knuth
> \page \flushoutputstream[nl] \input knuth
>
> \stoptext
>
> Hans

Hello Hans,

big thanks for the explanation.

Andreas

* Re: Bugs in current beta (streams)
@ 2010-08-13 11:59   ` Salil Sayed
From: Salil Sayed @ 2010-08-13 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

and how does one do this in mkiv now?
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Columns#Streams

\usemodule[streams]

\def\StartCouple{\page\SwitchToNormal}
\def\StopCouple {\SwitchToNormal \SynchronizeLeftAndRight \FlushLeftAndRight}
\def\Original {\SwitchToNormal\SynchronizeLeftAndRight\SwitchToLeft}
\def\Translation{\SwitchToRight}

\Original\en
Are you sleeping, brother John?

\Translation\de
Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?

i get the same error of course.

thanks,

Salil

________________________________

@ 2010-08-16 23:50     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-16 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13-8-2010 1:59, Salil Sayed wrote:
> \usemodule[streams]
>
> \def\StartCouple{\page\SwitchToNormal}
> \def\StopCouple {\SwitchToNormal \SynchronizeLeftAndRight \FlushLeftAndRight}
> \def\Original {\SwitchToNormal\SynchronizeLeftAndRight\SwitchToLeft}
> \def\Translation{\SwitchToRight}
>
> \Original\en
> Are you sleeping, brother John?
>
> \Translation\de
> Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?

I will pick up streams some day soon. But I needs to think of an
interface. Maybe in the meantime you can start collecting user wishes.

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid

\starttext

\enableoutputstream[en]

     Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx}
     x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par \pushoutputstream
     Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx} \par \pushoutputstream
     x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par \pushoutputstream
     Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx} \par \pushoutputstream

\enableoutputstream[de]

     Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy}
     x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par \pushoutputstream
     Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy} \par \pushoutputstream
     x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par \pushoutputstream
     Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy} \par \pushoutputstream

\disableoutputstream

\input tufte

\synchronizestreams[en,de]

\page \flushoutputstream[en]