* inconsistent math fontsize
@ 2016-07-27 12:29 Jan Willem Flamma
From: Jan Willem Flamma @ 2016-07-27 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list members

Sofar, I’ve been using \qquad to separate two formulas side-by-side on a single line.
To ensure consistency with spacing I want to change to using a \startformulas .. \stopformulas construction.
See MWE below

However, the solution using the \startformulas .. \stopformulas construction gives a noticeably smaller fontsize !

I’m using the latest beta: ConTeXt  ver: 2016.07.25; Luatex 0.95

Worth noting that all both fontsizes are identical when using context live via contextgarden.

Kind regards,
Jan Willem Flamma

MWE:

\starttext

% Printed in normal fontsize
\startformula
        a=\frac{b}{c}
    \qquad \qquad \qquad
        a=\frac{b}{c}
\stopformula

% Printed in smaller fontsize
\startformulas
    \startformula
        a=\frac{b}{c}
    \stopformula

    \startformula
        a=\frac{b}{c}
    \stopformula
\stopformulas

\stoptext

* Re: inconsistent math fontsize
@ 2016-07-27 22:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-07-27 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/27/2016 2:29 PM, Jan Willem Flamma wrote:
> Dear list members
>
> Sofar, I’ve been using \qquad to separate two formulas side-by-side on a single line.
> To ensure consistency with spacing I want to change to using a \startformulas .. \stopformulas construction.
> See MWE below
>
> However, the solution using the \startformulas .. \stopformulas construction gives a noticeably smaller fontsize !
>
> I’m using the latest beta: ConTeXt  ver: 2016.07.25; Luatex 0.95
>
> Worth noting that all both fontsizes are identical when using context live via contextgarden.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jan Willem Flamma
>

> MWE:
>
> \starttext
>
> % Printed in normal fontsize
> \startformula
>         a=\frac{b}{c}
>     \qquad \qquad \qquad
>         a=\frac{b}{c}
> \stopformula
>
> % Printed in smaller fontsize
> \startformulas
>     \startformula
>         a=\frac{b}{c}
>     \stopformula
>
>     \startformula
>         a=\frac{b}{c}
>     \stopformula
> \stopformulas
>
> \stoptext

fixed in next beta

* Re: inconsistent math fontsize
@ 2016-07-30 16:09   ` Jan Willem Flamma
From: Jan Willem Flamma @ 2016-07-30 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 28 jul. 2016, at 00:46, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> On 7/27/2016 2:29 PM, Jan Willem Flamma wrote:
>> Dear list members
>>
>> Sofar, I’ve been using \qquad to separate two formulas side-by-side on a single line.
>> To ensure consistency with spacing I want to change to using a \startformulas .. \stopformulas construction.
>> See MWE below
>>
>> However, the solution using the \startformulas .. \stopformulas construction gives a noticeably smaller fontsize !
>>
>> I’m using the latest beta: ConTeXt  ver: 2016.07.25; Luatex 0.95
>>
>> Worth noting that all both fontsizes are identical when using context live via contextgarden.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Jan Willem Flamma
>>

>> MWE:
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> % Printed in normal fontsize
>> \startformula
>>        a=\frac{b}{c}
>>    \qquad \qquad \qquad
>>        a=\frac{b}{c}
>> \stopformula
>>
>> % Printed in smaller fontsize
>> \startformulas
>>    \startformula
>>        a=\frac{b}{c}
>>    \stopformula
>>
>>    \startformula
>>        a=\frac{b}{c}
>>    \stopformula
>> \stopformulas
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> fixed in next beta

Confirmed okay in ConTeXt  ver: 2016.07.30 00:26 MKIV beta

Thanks for the quick fix.