* BibTeX/Publications
@ 2009-11-15 15:11 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-11-15 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

I've two or more problems with bibliographies:

1) look at the attached attachment, the first brace.

2) @book{b,
  title={B Titel B},
  author={Brüser}, % error -> ü!!!
  year={2000},
  publisher={VS Verlag}
}

3) I want "just get a typeset version of the used database" (without \cite[a,b,c,d]), how to achieve this?

Many thanks and greetings

	Andreas

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 880 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: test-bib.bib --]

@book{a,
  title={A Titel A},
  author={Xxx},
  year={1980},
  publisher={Fischer-Taschenbuch-Verl.}
}

@book{b,
  title={B Titel B},
  author={Brüser}, % error mit ü!!!
  year={2000},
  publisher={VS Verlag}
}

@book{c,
  title={C Titel C},
  author={Dietmaier-Jebara, S.},
  year={2005},
  publisher={Hampp}
}

@article{d,
  title={D Titel D},
  author={Dreitzel, H.P.},
  journal={Europäisches Archiv für Soziologie},
  volume={3},
  pages={181--228},
  year={1962}
}

[-- Attachment #1.2.3: Type: text/html, Size: 147 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.4: test-bibtex.tex --]

\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications[state=start,alternative=apa-de,sorttype=bbl] % ,sorttype=bbl
\setupbibtex[database=test-bib,sort=author]

\starttext
\cite[a]
\cite[b]
\cite[c]
\cite[d]

\title{Literatur}
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: context
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

[-- Attachment #1.2.5: Type: text/html, Size: 147 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.6: test-bibtex.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.7: Type: text/html, Size: 292 bytes --]

* Re: BibTeX/Publications
@ 2009-11-15 17:05 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-15 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Andreas Harder wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've two or more problems with bibliographies:
>
> 1) look at the attached attachment, the first brace.

I guess you mean the parenthesis. That appears to be a bug with the
refcommands author and authoryears. If you use refcommand=authoryear,
the output looks right. Hans, Taco?

> 2) @book{b,
>   title={B Titel B},
>   author={Brüser}, % error -> ü!!!
>   year={2000},
>   publisher={VS Verlag}
> }

Something is fishy with your file. I suspect your editor doesn't
really support utf8. If you look into the bbl-file which is produced,
you'll see the effect. When I try here with a file in a proper utf
encoding, I don't get the error.

> 3) I want "just get a typeset version of the used database" (without
> \cite[a,b,c,d]), how to achieve this?

I was going to write "add criterium=all" to the \setuppublications
command, but it worketh not.

Thomas

* Re: BibTeX/Publications
@ 2009-11-15 19:41   ` Bernhard Rosensteiner
From: Bernhard Rosensteiner @ 2009-11-15 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

i had the same problem with the refcommand=authoryears for a while. Since nobody had an answer in the mailing list i tried to investigate the problem for myself.
Apparently when the conversion from the bibtex file to the .bbl file takes place the .bbl file gets the same name as the document and this, i don´t know why, is the reason for the line break after the first parenthesis. Solution: rename the .bbl file in whatever you want and do \input filename.bbl in your document (delete or remove the original bibtex file from the document folder!).
For me this solution worked, but since i´m no programmer i´ve no idea to solve this problem "professionally".

best regards
Bernhard

Am 15.11.2009 um 18:05 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Andreas Harder wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I've two or more problems with bibliographies:
>>
>> 1) look at the attached attachment, the first brace.
>
> I guess you mean the parenthesis. That appears to be a bug with the refcommands author and authoryears. If you use refcommand=authoryear, the output looks right. Hans, Taco?
>

>> 2) @book{b,
>>  title={B Titel B},
>>  author={Brüser}, % error -> ü!!!
>>  year={2000},
>>  publisher={VS Verlag}
>> }
>>

> Something is fishy with your file. I suspect your editor doesn't really support utf8. If you look into the bbl-file which is produced, you'll see the effect. When I try here with a file in a proper utf encoding, I don't get the error.
>
>> 3) I want "just get a typeset version of the used database" (without \cite[a,b,c,d]), how to achieve this?
>>
> I was going to write "add criterium=all" to the \setuppublications command, but it worketh not.
>
> Thomas

* Re: BibTeX/Publications
@ 2009-11-16  7:34   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-16  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Andreas Harder wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I've two or more problems with bibliographies:
>>
>> 1) look at the attached attachment, the first brace.
>
> I guess you mean the parenthesis. That appears to be a bug with the
> refcommands author and authoryears. If you use refcommand=authoryear,
> the output looks right. Hans, Taco?

The dangling "(" is a mkiv artifict only for me (mkii is fine), and
it goes away when the .bib file is patched as below, so I believe this
problem can be safely ignored as a side-effect of another error.

>> 2) @book{b,
>>   title={B Titel B},
>>   author={Brüser}, % error -> ü!!!
>>   year={2000},
>>   publisher={VS Verlag}
>> }
>>

> Something is fishy with your file.

No, it is bibtex, which is not utf-8 aware so it breaks the encoding
for the ü in the middle. You need

  author={Br{ü}ser},

To prevent bibtex from creating an invalid short key.

>> 3) I want "just get a typeset version of the used database" (without
>> \cite[a,b,c,d]), how to achieve this?
>>
> I was going to write "add criterium=all" to the \setuppublications
> command, but it worketh not.

This is only in mkiv, but yes:  \setuppublications[criterium=all] does
not seem to work in mkiv. Input that should have worked is attached.
Hans?

Best wishes,
Taco

[-- Attachment #2: test-bibtex.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 299 bytes --]

\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications[state=start,alternative=apa-de,sorttype=bbl,criterium=all] % ,sorttype=bbl

@ 2009-11-16  9:56     ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-11-16  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas and Taco, thank you for your explanations.

Am 16.11.2009 um 08:34 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Andreas Harder wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I've two or more problems with bibliographies:
>>>
>>> 1) look at the attached attachment, the first brace.
>>
>> I guess you mean the parenthesis.

Yes, thank you ;)

>> That appears to be a bug with the
>> refcommands author and authoryears. If you use refcommand=authoryear,
>> the output looks right. Hans, Taco?
>
> The dangling "(" is a mkiv artifict only for me (mkii is fine), and
> it goes away when the .bib file is patched as below, so I believe this
> problem can be safely ignored as a side-effect of another error.
>
>>> 2) @book{b,
>>>  title={B Titel B},
>>>  author={Brüser}, % error -> ü!!!
>>>  year={2000},
>>>  publisher={VS Verlag}
>>> }
>>>

>> Something is fishy with your file.
>
> No, it is bibtex, which is not utf-8 aware so it breaks the encoding
> for the ü in the middle.

What about bibtex8, isn't it utf-8 aware?

> You need
>
>  author={Br{ü}ser},
>
> To prevent bibtex from creating an invalid short key.

Thanks that helped! I tried it already with {\char"00FC}, that worded too.

>>> 3) I want "just get a typeset version of the used database" (without
>>> \cite[a,b,c,d]), how to achieve this?
>>>
>> I was going to write "add criterium=all" to the \setuppublications
>> command, but it worketh not.
>
> This is only in mkiv, but yes:  \setuppublications[criterium=all] does
> not seem to work in mkiv. Input that should have worked is attached.
> Hans?
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco
>

> \usemodule[bib]
> \setuppublications[state=start,alternative=apa-de,sorttype=bbl,criterium=all] % ,sorttype=bbl
> \setupbibtex[database=test-bib,sort=author]
>
> \starttext
>
> \title{Literatur}
> \placepublications[criterium=all]
> \stoptext

Greetings
	Andreas

* Re: BibTeX/Publications
@ 2009-11-16 10:35       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-16 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 16, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Andreas Harder wrote:

>> No, it is bibtex, which is not utf-8 aware so it breaks the encoding
>> for the ü in the middle.
>
> What about bibtex8, isn't it utf-8 aware?

No, it's 8-bit aware, thusly it can handle some latin encodings, but
not utf8. I think this means it will not play with mkiv (since it
needs an encoding such as iso-latin-8859-1 whereas mkiv uses utf8).

Thomas