* Inline Fractions
@ 2021-01-25 12:58 Johann Birnick
From: Johann Birnick @ 2021-01-25 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Recently inline fractions stopped working correctly.

For example symbol spacing, sub-/superscripts, the line is too short,...

You can see the 3 named problems and how they sometimes appear and sometimes not
in this two fractions:

\starttext
$\frac{\sin(x)}{16 \pi \epsilon_0 c^2 m_e^2} \frac{\sin(x)}{\epsilon_0}$
\stoptext

Compare the output between the current LMTX version with some old version. (I
compared with mk4, because I had nothing else available. I don't know when bugs
were introduced.)

Best regards,
Johann

* Re: Inline Fractions
@ 2021-01-25 20:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-01-25 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/25/2021 1:58 PM, Johann Birnick wrote:
> Recently inline fractions stopped working correctly.
>
> For example symbol spacing, sub-/superscripts, the line is too short,...
>
> You can see the 3 named problems and how they sometimes appear and sometimes not
> in this two fractions:
>
> \starttext
> $\frac{\sin(x)}{16 \pi \epsilon_0 c^2 m_e^2} \frac{\sin(x)}{\epsilon_0}$
> \stoptext
>
> Compare the output between the current LMTX version with some old version. (I
> compared with mk4, because I had nothing else available. I don't know when bugs
> were introduced.)
I'll check it. We're in a transition to a dual font model in math and
it's kind of tricky to let both do the same but we'll get there
eventually. It also has some consequences for backand code which makes
it even more tricky. But normally, once it does work it keeps working.

Hans

* inline fractions
@ 2019-06-26 11:20 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2019-06-26 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)