* Commissioned work - we're looking for a ConTeXt person to help us finishing a 200+ pages multi-lingual art book (with Xetex?)
@ 2009-06-13 10:41 Pierre Huyghebaert
From: Pierre Huyghebaert @ 2009-06-13 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear list,

I'm part of a design group Open Source Publishing, and we use ConTeXt
for a few months now. The main goal is to produce a 200+ pages multi-
lingual art book for which we have in the past months some exchanges
with kind members of the list about font install and Xetex. I
currently work more on the design itself.

To finish on time, avoid loosing time on some hazardous/random errors,
and also learning ConTeXt more "from the inside", we're looking for a
person interested to have a commissioned work -for a fair price per
day- to help us crossing the last technical problems (some of them
still unknown and only potential). It's not easy for us to plan the
exact amount of work, but it will certainly be closely linked to :
- ConTeXt
- Xetex (or another solution to use custom fonts)
- Pictures
- Final production of CMYK PDF's for the printer

We work in Brussels but are able to travel to the Netherlands without
problems. A first meeting will probably be helpful to go to more
details. We'll try to push the project as far as possible this month
and in July to be able to print the book in August.

If you are, or you know a person interested in, do not hesitate to
contact us,

Pierre Huyghebaert +32 495 90 56 32
http://www.ospublish.constantvzw.org

* Re: Commissioned work - we're looking for a ConTeXt person to help us finishing a 200+ pages multi-lingual art book (with Xetex?)
  2009-06-13 10:41 Commissioned work - we're looking for a ConTeXt person to help us finishing a 200+ pages multi-lingual art book (with Xetex?) Pierre Huyghebaert
@ 2009-06-13 11:18 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-13 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.06.2009 um 12:41 schrieb Pierre Huyghebaert:

> Dear list,
>
> I'm part of a design group Open Source Publishing, and we use
> ConTeXt for a few months now. The main goal is to produce a 200+
> pages multi-lingual art book for which we have in the past months
> some exchanges with kind members of the list about font install and
> Xetex. I currently work more on the design itself.
>
> To finish on time, avoid loosing time on some hazardous/random
> errors, and also learning ConTeXt more "from the inside", we're
> looking for a person interested to have a commissioned work -for a
> fair price per day- to help us crossing the last technical problems
> (some of them still unknown and only potential). It's not easy for
> us to plan the exact amount of work, but it will certainly be
> closely linked to :
> - ConTeXt
> - Xetex (or another solution to use custom fonts)

Also possible in MkIV (LuaTeX) and even simpler with the simplefonts
module.

> - Pictures
> - Final production of CMYK PDF's for the printer

\setupcolors[rgb=no]

Wolfgang