* Example only works in mkii
@ 2012-04-25 21:20 Bill Meahan
From: Bill Meahan @ 2012-04-25 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi, folks.

I've tried running the example from the "descriptions" article on the
wiki and it works fine if I use MkII via "texexec" but fails miserably
if I use MlIV via "context."  Outside of changing "location" to
"alternative" in the \definedescription command parameters, what else do
I need to change to make the example run with MkIV?

TIA!

--
Bill Meahan K8QN

Cat: n; A purr-bearing mammal

* Re: Example only works in mkii
@ 2012-04-26 15:11 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-04-26 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.04.2012 um 23:20 schrieb Bill Meahan:

> Hi, folks.
>
> I've tried running the example from the "descriptions" article on the wiki and it works fine if I use MkII via "texexec" but fails miserably if I use MlIV via "context."  Outside of changing "location" to "alternative" in the \definedescription command parameters, what else do I need to change to make the example run with MkIV?

Which example doesn’t work?

Wolfgang

* Re: Example only works in mkii
@ 2012-04-26 16:36   ` Bill Meahan
From: Bill Meahan @ 2012-04-26 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/26/2012 11:11, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 25.04.2012 um 23:20 schrieb Bill Meahan:
>
>> Hi, folks.
>>
>> I've tried running the example from the "descriptions" article on the wiki and it works fine if I use MkII via "texexec" but fails miserably if I use MlIV via "context."  Outside of changing "location" to "alternative" in the \definedescription command parameters, what else do I need to change to make the example run with MkIV?
> Which example doesn’t work?
>
> Wolfgang

This one:

\setupdescriptions[descr][
   headstyle=bold,style=normal,align=left,alternative=hanging,
   width=fit,margin=1cm]

\definedescription[descr][
   headstyle=bold]

\starttext
\startdescr{Para}
   This is a shorter item label, and some text that talks about it.
   The text is wrapped into a paragraph, with successive lines indented.

   This is another paragraph under the "Para" item.
   \startdescr{Sub Item}
     This is a description of an item which is within the
     "Para" item.
   \stopdescr
   \startdescr{Sub Item}
     Another Sub Item
   \stopdescr
\stopdescr
\startdescr{Short with long title}
   A short item that's not part of that really long "Para" item.
\stopdescr

\stoptext

* Re: Example only works in mkii
@ 2012-04-26 17:10     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-04-26 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.04.2012 um 18:36 schrieb Bill Meahan:

> On 04/26/2012 11:11, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 25.04.2012 um 23:20 schrieb Bill Meahan:
>>
>>> Hi, folks.
>>>
>>> I've tried running the example from the "descriptions" article on the wiki and it works fine if I use MkII via "texexec" but fails miserably if I use MlIV via "context."  Outside of changing "location" to "alternative" in the \definedescription command parameters, what else do I need to change to make the example run with MkIV?
>> Which example doesn’t work?
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> This one:
>
> \setupdescriptions[descr][
>  headstyle=bold,style=normal,align=left,alternative=hanging,
>  width=fit,margin=1cm]
>
> \definedescription[descr][
>  headstyle=bold]
>
> \starttext
> \startdescr{Para}
>  This is a shorter item label, and some text that talks about it.
>  The text is wrapped into a paragraph, with successive lines indented.
>
>  This is another paragraph under the "Para" item.
>  \startdescr{Sub Item}
>    This is a description of an item which is within the
>    "Para" item.
>  \stopdescr
>  \startdescr{Sub Item}
>    Another Sub Item
>  \stopdescr
> \stopdescr
> \startdescr{Short with long title}
>  A short item that's not part of that really long "Para" item.
> \stopdescr
>
> \stoptext

The example works for me but it’s bad style to use \setup… before you have created the command with \define…

You can also remove “align=left” because this will make the whole text right aligned, with MkII this isn’t a problem because the setting doesn’t work.

Wolfgang

* Re: Example only works in mkii
@ 2012-04-26 17:38       ` Bill Meahan
From: Bill Meahan @ 2012-04-26 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/26/2012 13:10, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 26.04.2012 um 18:36 schrieb Bill Meahan:
>
>> [snip]
> The example works for me but it’s bad style to use \setup… before you have created the command with \define…
>
> You can also remove “align=left” because this will make the whole text right aligned, with MkII this isn’t a problem because the setting doesn’t work.
>
> Wolfgang
[snip]

Switching the \define and \setup along with removing the "align=left"
fixed it. Thanks!

BTW, the code was literally a copy-'n'-paste from the wiki page without
any alteration by me. Probably should be fixed.

Thanks again!

* Re: Example only works in mkii
@ 2012-04-26 18:50         ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2012-04-26 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2012-04-26 um 19:38 schrieb Bill Meahan:

> BTW, the code was literally a copy-'n'-paste from the wiki page
> without any alteration by me. Probably should be fixed.

Just do it, if you're at it, therefore it’s a wiki.
Thanks.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/