* Resetting numbers in section header
@ 2012-11-13  9:49 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-11-13  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Assume for some reason I want a section to be numbered in a particular way: I thought the command resetnumber=yes would do that, but it seems that I am wrong… or this option is now obsolete.
Can anyone have a look at the following example and give a hint?

\starttext

\section{Section 1}
\input ward

\startsection[title={Section 1 again},resetnumber=yes] % Here I want again the number 1
\input ward

\stopsection

\setuphead[section][number=yes]
\section{Section 3}
\input ward

\startsection[title={Section with no number},number=no] % Here I don't want numbers
\input ward
\stopsection

\stoptext

Thanks in advance: OK

* Re: Resetting numbers in section header
@ 2012-11-13 10:48 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-11-13 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Assume for some reason I want a section to be numbered in a particular
> way: I thought the command resetnumber=yes would do that, but it seems that
> I am wrong… or this option is now obsolete.
> Can anyone have a look at the following example and give a hint?
>
> \starttext
>
> \section{Section 1}
> \input ward
>
> \startsection[title={Section 1 again},resetnumber=yes] % Here I want again
> the number 1
> \input ward
>
> \stopsection
>
> \setuphead[section][number=yes]
> \section{Section 3}
> \input ward
>
> \startsection[title={Section with no number},number=no] % Here I don't
> want numbers
> \input ward
> \stopsection
>
> \stoptext
>
> Thanks in advance: OK

Hm ,
is it save to mix \section and \startsection ..\stopsection ?

--
luigi

* Re: Resetting numbers in section header
@ 2012-11-13 12:12   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-11-13 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 nov. 2012, at 11:48, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm ,
> is it save to mix \section and \startsection ..\stopsection ?
>
> --
> luigi

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for your attention, but the fact that \section and \start-\stop-section is used is of no importance regarding the way I am seeking to reset the section numbers. In fact in my document, where I noticed the problem, I use only \section, but I tried several possibilities, including \start-\stop-section.

Best regards: OK

* Re: Resetting numbers in section header
@ 2012-11-13 12:54     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-11-13 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 nov. 2012, at 11:48, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hm ,
> > is it save to mix \section and \startsection ..\stopsection ?
> >
> > --
> > luigi
> >

> Hi Luigi,
>
> Thanks for your attention, but the fact that \section and
> \start-\stop-section is used is of no importance regarding the way I am
> seeking to reset the section numbers. In fact in my document, where I
> noticed the problem, I use only \section, but I tried several
> possibilities, including \start-\stop-section.

Some help at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles

\starttext

\startsection[title={Section 1 }]
\input ward
\stopsection

\startsection[title={Section 1 again},incrementnumber=no] % Here I want
again the number 1
\input ward
\stopsection

\startsection[title={Section 1 again},incrementnumber=yes] % Here I want
again the number 1
\input ward
\stopsection

\startsection[title={Section with no number},number=no] % Here I don't want
numbers
\input ward
\stopsection

\stoptext

I think it's not safe to mix \section and \startsection \stopsection,
because the tags can be messed.
--
luigi

* Re: Resetting numbers in section header
@ 2012-11-13 14:12       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-11-13 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Luigi! Grazie mille… That's exactly what I was seeking!

Best regards: OK