* installing latest beta
@ 2007-12-12 14:14 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2007-12-12 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been unable to install the latest ConTeXt beta—both
sudo texhash
sudo
fail (stall) when updating  /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/ls-R...

The last beta worked as expected and, so far as I know, there have
been no changes in my installation.

Any suggestions?

Alan

* Re: installing latest beta
@ 2007-12-12 14:54 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-12-12 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> I have been unable to install the latest ConTeXt beta—both
> sudo texhash
> sudo
> fail (stall) when updating  /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/ls-R...
>
> The last beta worked as expected and, so far as I know, there have
> been no changes in my installation.
>
> Any suggestions?

* disk full perhaps ?
* download failure or problems during unzip of cont-tmf.zip ?
* ls-R write permission error (maybe network access) ?

* Re: installing latest beta
@ 2007-12-12 15:06 ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2007-12-12 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)