* t-letter
@ 2013-01-20 10:32 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2013-01-20 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang et.al.,

once again I struggle with your fine letter module.

For my job application setup (that worked a year before) I already gave up, but I need my invoices working.

Did you recently change anything WRT subject line? It doesn’t show up any more.
(Latest ConTeXt MkIV beta in standalone.)

This used to work:

% Subject and date on the same line, date below logo
\defineletterelement[section][subject][fiee]%
	{\bTABLE[frame=off]
	\bTR
		\bTD[width=\dimexpr169mm-\backspace\relax]\correspondenceparameter{subject}\eTD
		\bTD{\tf\correspondenceparameter{date}}\eTD
		%\bTD{\tf 2011-11-14}\eTD
	\eTR
\eTABLE}

\setuplettersection[subject][alternative=fiee]

\startletter[subject={Invoice 1}]
\stopletter

(Yes, this isn’t a working minimal example. Perhaps you can tell me you changed this or that - otherwise I must dig deeper...)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: t-letter
@ 2013-01-20 17:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-01-20 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.01.2013 um 11:32 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban@fiee.net>:

> Hi Wolfgang et.al.,
>
> once again I struggle with your fine letter module.
>
> For my job application setup (that worked a year before) I already gave up, but I need my invoices working.
>
> Did you recently change anything WRT subject line? It doesn’t show up any more.
> (Latest ConTeXt MkIV beta in standalone.)

I changed the way how section and layer layouts defined, the current version of the module provides
the new command \definelettersectionalternative and \defineletterlayeralternative. For backwards
compatibility I still provide the old \defineletterlement command but there was a bug when
the command is used to create layouts for a section, a new version which fixes this is already online.

> This used to work:
>
> % Subject and date on the same line, date below logo
> \defineletterelement[section][subject][fiee]%
> 	{\bTABLE[frame=off]
> 	\bTR
> 		\bTD[width=\dimexpr169mm-\backspace\relax]\correspondenceparameter{subject}\eTD
> 		\bTD{\tf\correspondenceparameter{date}}\eTD
> 		%\bTD{\tf 2011-11-14}\eTD
> 	\eTR
> \eTABLE}
>
> \setuplettersection[subject][alternative=fiee]
>
> \startletter[subject={Invoice 1}]
> \stopletter
>
> (Yes, this isn’t a working minimal example. Perhaps you can tell me you changed this or that - otherwise I must dig deeper…)

Below are two additional methods to create a customized layout for the section.

\usemodule[letter]

% Method 1: unique name for the element
%
% \definelettersectionalternative[mysubject][renderingsetups=mysubject]
%
% \startsetups[mysubject]
%   \bTABLE[frame=off]
%     \bTR
%       \bTD[width=\dimexpr169mm-\backspace\relax]\correspondenceparameter{subject}\eTD
%       \bTD{\tf\correspondenceparameter{date}}\eTD
%      %\bTD{\tf 2011-11-14}\eTD
%     \eTR
%   \eTABLE
% \stopsetups
%
% \setuplettersection[subject][alternative=mysubject]

% Method 2: shared name (fiee) for the element with its name (subject) as prefix

\definelettersectionalternative[subject:fiee][renderingsetup=subject:fiee]

\startsetups[subject:fiee]
  \bTABLE[frame=off]
    \bTR
      \bTD[width=\dimexpr169mm-\backspace\relax]\correspondenceparameter{subject}\eTD
      \bTD{\tf\correspondenceparameter{date}}\eTD
     %\bTD{\tf 2011-11-14}\eTD
    \eTR
  \eTABLE
\stopsetups

\setuplettersection[subject][alternative=fiee]

% Method 3: using the predefined setups alternative
%
% \startsetups[letter:section:subject]
%   \bTABLE[frame=off]
%     \bTR
%       \bTD[width=\dimexpr169mm-\backspace\relax]\correspondenceparameter{subject}\eTD
%       \bTD{\tf\correspondenceparameter{date}}\eTD
%      %\bTD{\tf 2011-11-14}\eTD
%     \eTR
%   \eTABLE
% \stopsetups
%
% \setuplettersection[subject][alternative=setups]

\startletter[subject={Invoice 1}]
\stopletter

Wolfgang

* Re: t-letter
@ 2013-01-20 20:38   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2013-01-20 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2013-01-20 um 18:42 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:

> Below are two additional methods to create a customized layout for the section.

Thank you very much - "of course" that works!
I’ll try to document some more t-letter basics in the wiki...

Greetlings, Hraban
---