* first line indents
@ 2014-10-13 21:03 Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2014-10-13 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I’d like to have first line indents for the whole document I’m working o (the latter including various chapter).
Each new line, an indent.
Following the wiki, I’m able only to get the first line of a section indented.

Thanks

best

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - StudiUm
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.fonurgia.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderaalle/sets/
--> http://vimeo.com/vanderaalle
--> andrea.valle@unito.it

"This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous."
(Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski)

* Re: first line indents
@ 2014-10-13 21:12 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-13 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.10.2014 um 23:03 schrieb Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it>:

> Hi, I’d like to have first line indents for the whole document I’m working o (the latter including various chapter).
> Each new line, an indent.
> Following the wiki, I’m able only to get the first line of a section indented.

What do you mean with a indent for each new line?

Wolfgang

* Re: first line indents
@ 2014-10-13 21:42   ` Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2014-10-13 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanks Wolfgang,
see the “indent” section here:
http://smad.jmu.edu/shen/webtype/indent.html

On 13 Oct 2014, at 23:12, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 13.10.2014 um 23:03 schrieb Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it>:
>
>> Hi, I’d like to have first line indents for the whole document I’m working o (the latter including various chapter).
>> Each new line, an indent.
>> Following the wiki, I’m able only to get the first line of a section indented.
>
> What do you mean with a indent for each new line?
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: first line indents
@ 2014-10-13 21:48     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-13 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.10.2014 um 23:42 schrieb Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it>:

> thanks Wolfgang,
> see the “indent” section here:
> http://smad.jmu.edu/shen/webtype/indent.html

\setupindenting[yes,medium]

\starttext

\input knuth

\section{Knuth}

\input knuth

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: first line indents
@ 2014-10-13 22:14       ` Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2014-10-13 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking but I’m missing something. If I replace  the double white line in knuth.tex with \crlf
indentation is not applied anymore to the first block.

In my source I have this:

%%%% TYPESET with Mark IV %%%

\enableregime[utf]
\mainlanguage[it]
\language[it]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\definepapersize[ZaffiriBook][width=130mm,height=205mm]
\setuppapersize[ZaffiriBook, portrait][ZaffiriBook, portrait]
\setuppagenumber[state=stop]
\setuppagenumbering[location={footer, margin}]

\setupindenting[yes, medium]
\setupheads[indentnext=yes]

\setuptyping
   [before={\setupbodyfont[6pt]},
    after={\setupbodyfont[9pt]}]

\usetypescript[palatino]
\setupbodyfont[palatino,9pt]

\setupfootnotes[way=bysection, numberconversion=romannumerals]

\defineparagraphs
     [mypar][n=3,before={\blank},after={\blank}]
 \setupparagraphs
     [mypar][1][width=.3\textwidth,style=bold]
  \setupparagraphs
     [mypar][2][width=.4\textwidth]

\starttext

%% various chapter inputs follow

I get the indent only in the first line of each section/subsection

On 13 Oct 2014, at 23:48, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 13.10.2014 um 23:42 schrieb Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it>:
>
>> thanks Wolfgang,
>> see the “indent” section here:
>> http://smad.jmu.edu/shen/webtype/indent.html
>
> \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>
> \starttext
>
> \input knuth
>
> \section{Knuth}
>
> \input knuth
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: first line indents
@ 2014-10-13 22:33         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-13 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.10.2014 um 00:14 schrieb Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it>:

> Thanks, that’s what I was thinking but I’m missing something. If I replace  the double white line in knuth.tex with \crlf
> indentation is not applied anymore to the first block.

1. This part is missing in your example below.

2. To end a paragraph insert a blank line or use \par.

> In my source I have this:
>
> %%%% TYPESET with Mark IV %%%
>
> \enableregime[utf]

Can be omitted because MkIV expects UTF-8 as default encoding.

> \mainlanguage[it]
> \language[it]

You don’t need \language here because \mainlanguage already loads the italian hyphenation patterns, the \language
command is only used in the content of your document when you want to load different hyphenation patterns.

> \setupcolors[state=start]

Can be omitted because colors are enabled by default.

> \definepapersize[ZaffiriBook][width=130mm,height=205mm]
> \setuppapersize[ZaffiriBook, portrait][ZaffiriBook, portrait]
> \setuppagenumber[state=stop]
> \setuppagenumbering[location={footer, margin}]
>
> \setupindenting[yes, medium]
> \setupheads[indentnext=yes]
>
> \setuptyping
>    [before={\setupbodyfont[6pt]},
>     after={\setupbodyfont[9pt]}]

Use \setuptyping[bodyfont=6pt].

> \usetypescript[palatino]

Can be omitted because the following line load the typescript.

@ 2014-10-13 22:45           ` Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2014-10-13 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 1. This part is missing in your example below.
>
> 2. To end a paragraph insert a blank line or use \par.

Ah! Never known about that! My fault

>> \mainlanguage[it]
>> \language[it]
>
> You don’t need \language here because \mainlanguage already loads the italian hyphenation patterns, the \language
> command is only used in the content of your document when you want to load different hyphenation patterns.

Yeah, I put it because I (still) get in Terminal:

languages       > language 'en' is active

is it relevant? I had some issues with hyphenation

Thanks a lot

-a-

* Re: first line indents
@ 2014-10-13 22:57             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-13 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.10.2014 um 00:45 schrieb Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it>:

> Yeah, I put it because I (still) get in Terminal:
>
> languages       > language 'en' is active
>
> is it relevant? I had some issues with hyphenation

You can ignore this message, it’s just a stupid message from the default setup.

Wolfgang