* Defining frame-like commands
@ 2011-08-03 13:27 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-08-03 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm feeling like I'm getting close to the daily limit of posts to the
list;), but I'm just learning;).

I discovered that I can use \defineframed so that I can write

\defineframed[myframed][frame=off,background=myoverlay]

\myframed{whatever}

But I'd like to have "my" counterparts of \inframed, \mframed and
\inmframed.  Is there any \define-like command for that, too, or do I
have to resort to plain old \def?

Regards,

--
Marcin Borkowski

* Re: Defining frame-like commands
@ 2011-08-03 16:12 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-03 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.08.2011 um 15:27 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:

> Hi,
>
> I'm feeling like I'm getting close to the daily limit of posts to the
> list;), but I'm just learning;).
>
> I discovered that I can use \defineframed so that I can write
>
> \defineframed[myframed][frame=off,background=myoverlay]
>
> \myframed{whatever}
>
> But I'd like to have "my" counterparts of \inframed, \mframed and
> \inmframed.  Is there any \define-like command for that, too, or do I
> have to resort to plain old \def?

\defineframed[mathframe][align=right,top=\startmathmode,bottom=\stopmathmode] % location=low

\starttext

\framed{x^2}

\mframed{x^2}

\mathframe{x^2}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Defining frame-like commands
@ 2011-08-04 19:00   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2011-08-04 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dnia 2011-08-03, o godz. 18:12:27
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> napisał(a):

> Am 03.08.2011 um 15:27 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm feeling like I'm getting close to the daily limit of posts to
> > the list;), but I'm just learning;).
> >
> > I discovered that I can use \defineframed so that I can write
> >
> > \defineframed[myframed][frame=off,background=myoverlay]
> >
> > \myframed{whatever}
> >
> > But I'd like to have "my" counterparts of \inframed, \mframed and
> > \inmframed.  Is there any \define-like command for that, too, or do
> > I have to resort to plain old \def?
>
> \defineframed[mathframe][align=right,top=\startmathmode,bottom=\stopmathmode]
> % location=low
>
> \starttext
>
> \framed{x^2}
>
> \mframed{x^2}
>
> \mathframe{x^2}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks a lot!

Just three questions:

1. What do (in general) top and bottom parameters do?

2. I assume that \startmathmode and \stopmathmode are necessary because
the contents of the frame are set in an hbox?

3. DO I get it correctly that \inframed{...} is equivalent to
\framed[location=low]{...}?

TIA

--

@ 2011-08-04 19:23     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-04 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.08.2011 um 21:00 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:

> Just three questions:
>
> 1. What do (in general) top and bottom parameters do?

You can use them for settings which are executed at the begin
and end of a frame, like before and after from other commands.

> 2. I assume that \startmathmode and \stopmathmode are necessary because
> the contents of the frame are set in an hbox?

Yes. Dependent on the settings for “align” \framed acts like \hbox or \vbox.

> 3. DO I get it correctly that \inframed{...} is equivalent to
> \framed[location=low]{…}?

Yes.

Wolfgang