* handouts blank
@ 2011-05-01 20:30 Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-05-01 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm trying to make some (mkiv) handouts from my simpleslides presentation.
Unfortunately the resulting pdf is blank for the slides, no frames either. Can someone give me an example that works?

Here's my minimal:
% slides.tex
\usemodule[simpleslides][style=BigNumber,font=Helvetica]

\setupTitle
  [title={Title},
   author={Author},
   date={\currentdate}]

\starttext
\placeTitle

\SlideTitle{Title2}
content

\SlideTitle{Title3}
content
\stoptext

% handout.tex
\setuppapersize
  [A4][A4] % or [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

\setuplayout
  [header=0pt,footer=1cm,backspace=1cm,topspace=1cm,width=middle,height=middle]

\setupfootertexts
  [presentation---\currentdate\space---\space\pagenumber]

\starttext
  \combinepages[slides][nx=2,ny=3,frame=on]
\stoptext

I also tried it with the standard presentation examples and using .tex and .pdf suffixes for the combinepages command.

Adam

* Re: handouts blank
@ 2011-05-01 20:45 ` Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-05-01 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> I'm trying to make some (mkiv) handouts from my simpleslides presentation.
> Unfortunately the resulting pdf is blank for the slides, no frames either. Can someone give me an example that works?

So I just ran tested it with mkii, and there it works.
Is there any mkiv way for doing a handout?

Adam

* Re: handouts blank
@ 2011-05-02  6:32   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-05-02  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Adam,

I tested your code both with mkii and mkiv, and everything seems to work correctly, both with frame= on or off.
As a matter of fact, I learned from the piece of your code

\setuppapersize
 [A4][A4] % or [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

\setuplayout
 [header=0pt,footer=1cm,backspace=1cm,topspace=1cm,width=middle,height=middle]

\setupfootertexts
 [presentation---\currentdate\space---\space\pagenumber]

\starttext
 \combinepages[slides][nx=2,ny=3,frame=on]
% or
%  \combinepages[slides.pdf][nx=2,ny=3,frame=on]
\stoptext

that independently of the SimpleSlides module one can combine any PDF file in a handout… Thanks very much!
I added on the wiki a page for this:
	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/handout

Best regards: OK

On 1 mai 2011, at 22:45, Reviczky, Adam wrote:

>> I'm trying to make some (mkiv) handouts from my simpleslides presentation.
>> Unfortunately the resulting pdf is blank for the slides, no frames either. Can someone give me an example that works?
>
> So I just ran tested it with mkii, and there it works.
> Is there any mkiv way for doing a handout?
>
> Adam

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Otared Kavian
Département de Mathématiques
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin
Bâtiment Fermat
45 avenue des Etats Unis
78035 Versailles cedex

Téléphone: +33 1 39 25 46 42
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 44
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 46

e-mail: Otared.Kavian@math.uvsq.fr

* Re: handouts blank
@ 2011-05-09 20:31     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-05-09 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> I tested your code both with mkii and mkiv, and everything seems to work correctly, both with frame= on or off.
> As a matter of fact, I learned from the piece of your code
>
> \setuppapersize
> [A4][A4] % or [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]
>
> \setuplayout
> [header=0pt,footer=1cm,backspace=1cm,topspace=1cm,width=middle,height=middle]
>
> \setupfootertexts
> [presentation---\currentdate\space---\space\pagenumber]
>
> \starttext
> \combinepages[slides][nx=2,ny=3,frame=on]
> % or
> %  \combinepages[slides.pdf][nx=2,ny=3,frame=on]
> \stoptext
>
> that independently of the SimpleSlides module one can combine any PDF file in a handout… Thanks very much!
> I added on the wiki a page for this:
> 	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/handout

Was already present at

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Presentations#Post_Processing_Presentation

I think that the new page can be deleted. Do you agree?

Aditya

* Re: handouts blank
@ 2011-05-10 16:33       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-05-10 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9 mai 2011, at 22:31, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>> […]
>
> Was already present at
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Presentations#Post_Processing_Presentation
>
> I think that the new page can be deleted. Do you agree?
>
> Aditya

Dear Aditya,

I am sorry for having overlooked that page: indeed the page
	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/handout
is just a repetition of
	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Presentations#Post_Processing_Presentation
and as such can be deleted, as you suggest. However, I couldn't find a way to delete the page about « handout ». Also, when searching the word « handout » on the wiki, I didn't find anythind and that's why I added the page about it.

Best regards: OK

* Re: handouts blank
@ 2011-05-02 19:33 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-05-02 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2 mai 2011, at 19:44, Reviczky, Adam wrote:

> Upgrading to the latest context beta (2011.05.01) solved the problem.
>
> Adam

Nice to know this!

Best regards: OK

* Re: handouts blank
@ 2011-05-02 17:44 Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-05-02 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2011-05-02 15:53 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-05-02 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Adam,

Sorry for not having indicated the versions…
Here they are:
mkiv: ConTeXt  ver: 2011.04.30 17:02 MKIV, LuaTeX version: This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.66.0-2011041318 (rev 4144)

mkii: ConTeXt  ver: 2011.04.30 17:02 MKII

All this on Mac OS X 10.6.7, using the Minimals.

Best regards: OK

On 2 mai 2011, at 17:19, Reviczky, Adam wrote:

>> I tested your code both with mkii and mkiv, and everything seems to work correctly, both with frame= on or off.
>
> What version of context/luatex do you use?
> I suspect its a problem in luatex, but I have to experiment with it more.
>
> I'm using context beta 2011.04.24 with luatex svn rev 4232, but I'm updating to the latest to test it again.
>
> Adam

@ 2011-05-02 15:19 Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-05-02 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context