Am 06.08.2010 um 13:18 schrieb Hans Hagen: > On 6-8-2010 10:44, Steffen Wolfrum wrote: > >> before coming to Brejlov I am just about to clean all my open threads regarding transition MkII->MkIV. >> One thing is still unanswered - related to grid mode: >> >> In MkII the example below rendered the same with or without grid mode. >> Now in MkIV the lineskiplimit is overruled by grid mode. > > forget about comparing to mkii .. a completely different mechanism and behaviour will not be mkii compatible (different kind of control) > >> But as I still have to use grid, and yet have to make sure that character clashes don't disturb the consistent interlinespace, I have a problem. > > in grid mode interlinespace is ignores > >> Looking through spac-ver.mkiv gave me the impression that lineskip related code is quite ... precarious. >> But maybe an unofficial hack is doable? > > no hack needed > > \enabletrackers[nodes.vsnapping] > > \starttext % see spac-ver.mkiv: \definegridsnapping > > \switchtobodyfont[42pt] \setupinterlinespace[line=30pt] > > Big text\par written in\par three row > > \setuplayout[grid=strict] \setupinterlinespace[line=30pt] > > Big text\par written in\par three row > > \stoptext > > with 'yes' the line gets snapped to fit an extra line when too high (ht/dp ratio) and your first line is larger than the second and third > (try {yes,line} so see a variant). sorry, but this is not what is needed (see attached pdf, please) this tight interlinespace is not possible in MkIV when grid mode is on? Steffen