* how to flip even pages upside down??
@ 2010-11-27 22:56 Leo Razoumov
From: Leo Razoumov @ 2010-11-27 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi List,
I am a new ConTeXt user coming from LaTeX background.
To print duplex on my printer I need to flip even pages upside down. I
looked into section 3.7 "Arranging Pages" of the latest ConTeXt manual
(2010-10-26). It shows how to setup very elaborate page compositions
but somehow I failed to find a solution for my little problem.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

--Leo--

* Re: how to flip even pages upside down??
@ 2010-11-28  0:45 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2010-11-28  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Leo,

Uh? Use the right printer driver and set the automatic duplex mode to
"short edge/side"?
Do you have any good reason to do that directly with your pdf instead of
using the printer configuration?
If yes, then http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setuparranging
and http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition

Cheers,

Renaud

@ 2010-11-28  1:15   ` Leo Razoumov
From: Leo Razoumov @ 2010-11-28  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 19:45, Renaud AUBIN <aubin@nibua-r.org> wrote:
> Hi Leo,
>
> Uh? Use the right printer driver and set the automatic duplex mode to
> "short edge/side"?
> Do you have any good reason to do that directly with your pdf instead of
> using the printer configuration?
> If yes, then http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setuparranging
> and http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition
>
> Cheers,
>
> Renaud

Currently I am using "pstops" filter to flip off pages. Reading
ConTeXt manual I got captivated by sheer power and flexibility of
ConTeXt. It can produce quite elaborate booklet layouts with up to 32
pages/sheet. Just flipping every other page should be possible as
well. Being a newbie I simply do not see how.

@ 2010-11-28  6:30     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-11-28  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 19:45, Renaud AUBIN <aubin@nibua-r.org> wrote:
>> Hi Leo,
>>
>> Uh? Use the right printer driver and set the automatic duplex mode to
>> "short edge/side"?
>> Do you have any good reason to do that directly with your pdf instead of
>> using the printer configuration?
>> If yes, then http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setuparranging
>> and http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Renaud
>>

> Currently I am using "pstops" filter to flip off pages. Reading
> ConTeXt manual I got captivated by sheer power and flexibility of
> ConTeXt. It can produce quite elaborate booklet layouts with up to 32
> pages/sheet. Just flipping every other page should be possible as
> well. Being a newbie I simply do not see how.
Willi is the master of page arrangements: see also
http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/talks/2010-09-18-willi-arrangements/

--
luigi

* Re: Imposition
@ 2010-11-29 14:04       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-11-29 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-11-28 um 07:30 schrieb luigi scarso:

> Willi is the master of page arrangements: see also
> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/talks/2010-09-18-willi-arrangements/

That reminds me: Willi, I promised to look for the "standardized"
imposition schemas in my copy of "Offsetdrucktechnik" by Helmut
Teschner - and perhaps send the whole book to you. Sorry, I forgot it...

As far as I can tell there is no (DIN/ISO) standard for imposition
schemas, I remembered that wrong. There's only a graphical notation of
the folding order.
And I guess it won't make sense to send the whole book to you - it's
over 2,5 kg, and most of the content is out of date (my copy is from
1995, it wasn't even up-to-date at that time).
I'll just copy the imposition chapter for you.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: how to flip even pages upside down??
@ 2010-12-01 21:38       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-12-01 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

sorry for a delayed answer. There are also keys as 'rotated','doublesided' which are used inside the  \setuparranging command. For duplex printers \setuplayout[location=duplex] and \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] are commands and keys to try.

Untested though...

Willi