From: Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: margindata does not work in latest beta
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:23:46 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Thomas,

I tested your example file and looked into my archive tests: it seems that a bug has appeared recently, maybe when Hans changed something in order to have linenumbering working in floats.
Indeed now the linenumbering does not work in mkiv, neither when using \startsimplecolumns (it works in mkii) or \startmixedcolumns.
Line numbering used to work fine in columns, and the line numbers were printed to the left of the left column, and to the right of the right column.
It is better to open a new thread on the subject in order for Hans to be informed of the issue.

By the way, why don’t you use \startlines …. \stoplines for your poetry? Is there a particular reason regarding line spacing and so forth?

Best regards: OK