* Problems installing context
@ 2000-05-10 16:19 Ed Roozendaal
From: Ed Roozendaal @ 2000-05-10 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I'm having problems installing ConTeXt on my NT workstation 4.0 machine.
I read the install manual, and followed all the steps, but every time I run
texexec.pl --make, it gives me a lot of error messages.
I've put an excerpt of these messages below. Pls help

----------
Running: pdfetex -ini -efmt=cont-uk -progname=cont-uk *cont-uk.ini <nul
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2c 7.3.1) (INITEX)
entering extended mode
(c:/TeX/texmf/tex/context/config/cont-uk.ini
(c:/TeX/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-uk.tex
(c:/TeX/texmf/tex/context/base/context.tex
(c:/TeX/texmf/tex/context/base/syst-tex.tex
(c:/TeX/texmf/tex/plain/base/plain.tex Preloading the plain format: codes,
registers, parameters, fonts,
skipping \font in plain
skipping \font in plain
skipping \font in plain
-----------<more of this>--------------------
skipping used \tenex in plain
output routines, hyphenation
skipping \input in plain
skipping \tenrm in plain
)
line 171: inserting E-TEX code etex.src etexdefs.lib
! I can't find file `etex.src'.
l.183   \normalinput     etex.src
                                  \relax
Please type another input file name:
! Emergency stop.
l.183   \normalinput     etex.src
                                  \relax
No pages of output.
Transcript written on cont-uk.log.

            executable : pdfetex
             format(s) : nl en de uk
----------

Tia
Ed

* Re: Problems installing context
@ 2000-05-12 16:43         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-12 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

At 06:39 PM 5/12/2000 +0200, Ed Roozendaal wrote:
>> Did you run mktexlsr?
>Yes
>>
>> Can you locate the etex files? (in etex base path)
>Yes, but they're not in the path, is that a problem?

Indeed. They should be in the path. Do some close reading of th etexmf file
and check if etex is in the paths. I isn't in some old redhat files (they
sometimes fool around with the tetex stuff).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Problems installing context
@ 2000-05-12 16:39       ` Ed Roozendaal
From: Ed Roozendaal @ 2000-05-12 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

@ 2000-05-12 12:10     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-12 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

At 10:43 PM 5/11/2000 +0200, Ed Roozendaal wrote:

>No, It is there, I checked. Is there any other possibility? I have the
>same problem on my Win98 machine at home.

Did you run mktexlsr?

@ 2000-05-11 20:43   ` Ed Roozendaal
From: Ed Roozendaal @ 2000-05-11 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'