* About \version[temporary]
@ 2009-12-01 17:27 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2009-12-01 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a question which can be elementary, but nevertheless it has some importance…
When using cross references, one can somehow « visualize » the list of the cross references on each page with the command
	\version[temporary]

However, in mkii at least, the list of the references is placed at the top of the page in the right margin and this is not very convenient when proof reading, especially in mathematical articles. It would be more handy to have each reference in the left (or right) margin of the line where it is defined or where it is invoked with the command « \in ». However I didn't manage to understand how this behaviour can be changed (various attempts with \setuplist[references] had no effect).
(By the way, in mkiv, the list is not shown).

Can anyone give an insight?

* Re: About \version[temporary]
@ 2009-12-03 17:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-03 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question which can be elementary, but nevertheless it has some importance…
> When using cross references, one can somehow « visualize » the list of the cross references on each page with the command
> 	\version[temporary]
>
> However, in mkii at least, the list of the references is placed at the top of the page in the right margin and this is not very convenient when proof reading, especially in mathematical articles. It would be more handy to have each reference in the left (or right) margin of the line where it is defined or where it is invoked with the command « \in ». However I didn't manage to understand how this behaviour can be changed (various attempts with \setuplist[references] had no effect).
> (By the way, in mkiv, the list is not shown).

currently they're just collected in inserts

> Can anyone give an insight?

there will be a tracing mechanism in mkiv

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: About \version[temporary]
@ 2009-12-04 18:45   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2009-12-04 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3 déc. 2009, at 18:12, Hans Hagen wrote:
> there will be a tracing mechanism in mkiv
>
> Hans

Many thanks Hans for your answer.
For the time being I found a solution, which is far from being optimal for visualizing references to equations, but is acceptable for now (actually for writing math articles I still use only mkii).

In case others would need such a workaround, I give an example below.

Have a nice week-end.
Best regards: OK

%%% begin show-references.tex

\enableregime[utf]
\setupformulas[way=bysection]
%% defining \proclaim which is built in Plain-teX
%% but has disappeared from ConTeXt
\defineenumeration[proclaim]
	[text=,
	style=slanted,
	title=yes,
	titleleft=,
	titleright=,
	location=serried,
	width=fit,
	right={.~}]
\setupnumber[proclaim][way=bysection,numbersection=yes]
%% end definition \proclaim

% Defining \eqref and \lemref
% all equation references should be like eq:something
\def\eqref#1{(\in[eq:#1])}
% all proposition references should be like lem:something
\def\lemref#1{\in[lem:#1]}

% in order to visualize the references when
% proof reading we add these commands
% to see the references in the margins one has to say
% \enablemode[temporary]
\def\showeqref#1{\doifmode{temporary}{\inright{\ttxx #1}}}
\def\showlemref#1{\doifmode{temporary}{\inleft{\ttxx #1}}}

\enablemode[temporary]
\starttext

\title{Showing the cross references}

\blank[2*big]

\section{Introduction}

In this paper we are interested in the study of the following Schrödinger system of equations: find an infinite sequence $(\lambda_{m},\phi_{m})_{m\geq1}$ and a potential $V$ satisfying \showeqref{Eigen, Potential}
\placeformula
\startformula
\startalign[n=3]
\NC  {-1\over 2} \Delta \phi_{m} + V\phi_{m}  \NC = \lambda_{m}\phi_{m}
\NC \quad\mbox{in }\, \Omega  \NR[eq:Eigen]
\NC - \Delta V  \NC = \sum_{m=1}^{\infty}\rho_{m}|\phi_{m}|^2
\NC \quad\mbox{in }\, \Omega  \NR[eq:Potential]
\stopalign
\stopformula
Our main result is the following:

\startproclaim[lem:MainThm]{Theorem}
\showlemref{MainThm}
The Schrödinger-Poisson system of equations \eqref{Eigen}--\eqref{Potential} has a solution obtained as the minimum of the functional $J$.
\stopproclaim

\input knuth.tex

\blank
The proof of theorem \lemref{MainThm} will be given later\dots

\stoptext

%%% en show-references.tex