Hi Mikael, as in my first answer use: f''_xx or f''_{xx} if you need both xs' I have tried it at it looks very similar to your LaTeX example. Start another thread about the single prime as bug. Since this one is marked as OT and others more more knowledgeable might not be reading this. regards Keith. Am 13.02.2014 um 14:40 schrieb Mikael P. Sundqvist : > On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Keith J. Schultz wrote: > Hi Mikael, > > Basically, I see your problem with ConTeXts handling of math as a matter of taste! > That is you want LaTeX syntax. > > It is easy enough to get the results you want. > > The only place where I see a bug is that a single prime is set larger than multple > primes. > > regards > Keith > > Hi Keith, > > I do not agree with you. It is not so important to have the same syntax as in LaTeX (exception: it would be nice to get double bars from \| since it does not make sense to have \| yield a single bar since | does), but to be able to write very common formulas (look at the example with double derivative with respect to x in my examples above, and tell me how to do that correctly in ConTeXt!) in an acceptable way. > > Best regards, Mikael >