* Re: Bib-module: crossreferences
@ 2006-05-14 23:39 Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-05-14 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From Taco (Fri Oct 7 16:18:28 CEST 2005):

>> Are crossreferences supposed to work in the new bib module? According to the

> No, this doesn't work, but I believe there is a workaround by putting
>    \setbox\scratchbox={\hbox{\placepublications}}
> just before the normal \placepublications or \completepublications.

I had to do use a \vbox to get it to compile.  With \hbox I get:

  ! A <box> was supposed to be here.
  <to be read again>
		     {
  l.9 \setbox\scratchbox={
			  \hbox{\placepublications}}
  ?
  (./bibdemo.tuo
  ! You can't use `\prevdepth' in restricted horizontal mode.
  \nointerlineskip ->\prevdepth
				-\thousandpoint
  \dosomelistelement ...}}\endgraf \nointerlineskip
						    \endgraf \allowbreak \list...

  \dodolistelement ...ement {#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
						    \global \utilitydonetrue
  l.15 ...om-note-crossref}}{2::0:0:0:0:0:0:0::1}{1}

  ?

So I ended up with the code below.  Although it compiles, no
bibliography is produced (there's only a page 1 which has the text).
What silliness did I do?!

\usemodule[bib]
\usemodule[bibltx]
\setupbibtex[database=xampl]
\starttext
Tricky: \cite[random-note-crossref]

\newbox\scratchbox
\setbox\scratchbox=\vbox{\placepublications}

\completepublications
\stoptext

* Re: Bib-module: crossreferences
@ 2006-05-15  6:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-05-15  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> >From Taco (Fri Oct 7 16:18:28 CEST 2005):
>

>>> Are crossreferences supposed to work in the new bib module? According to the
>>>

>> No, this doesn't work, but I believe there is a workaround by putting
>>    \setbox\scratchbox={\hbox{\placepublications}}

if so,

\setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\placepublications}

\startnointerference
  \placepublications
\stopnointerference

is also ok then

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-05-15  7:20 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-05-15  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
>>From Taco (Fri Oct 7 16:18:28 CEST 2005):
>

>>>Are crossreferences supposed to work in the new bib module? According to the

The new module has \nocite. The solution is still a workaround,
but now you can say
	\nocite[<cited-crossref>]

I believe this is fixed in the current beta (as a side-effect of
something else). I can send you that beta if you want to test it?

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Bib-module: crossreferences
@ 2006-05-15 17:37   ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-05-15 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

From:    Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
> \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\placepublications}
>
> \startnointerference
>   \placepublications
> \stopnointerference

I still get only 1 page (i.e. with no bib) from this file:

From:    Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> The new module has \nocite. The solution is still a workaround,
> but now you can say
> 	\nocite[<cited-crossref>]
>
> I believe this is fixed in the current beta (as a side-effect of
> something else). I can send you that beta if you want to test it?

Sure, I'll be happy to take it out for a spin.

-Sanjoy

* Re: Bib-module: crossreferences
@ 2005-10-07 14:18   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-10-07 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Roelof,

Roelof Langman wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>
> Are crossreferences supposed to work in the new bib module? According to the

No, this doesn't work, but I believe there is a workaround by putting

    \setbox\scratchbox={\hbox{\placepublications}}

just before the normal \placepublications or \completepublications.
(This works because it explicitly executes the embedded \crossref
outside of the actual publication list)

If that doesn't work or has undesired side-effects, you can do

     \setbox\scratchbox={\cite[lawrence:1979]}

but that solution requires you to know the used cross references
that appear in the bib file, whereas the first solution doesn't.

I'll try to fix this in a week of so. You have to wait until
after Idris' problems are solved, because I do not enough time
right now to fix everything.

> Latex companion pp. 404ff. a crossreference can be made in an @inbook to a

You do know that, generally speaking, the latex companion doesn't
apply to the bib module, right? There are rumours about ConTeXt
actually being LaTeX3, but I can assure you those are untrue :-)

> In the new bibtex-module for Context, the crossreferences are resolved
> properly, I think, but the crossreferenced entry is not yet included in the
> reference list.

Yes, but it happens too late to allow inclusion in the list.

Cheers, Taco

* Bib-module: crossreferences
       [not found] <20051003080056.813D0127C7@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-10-04 19:22 ` Roelof Langman
From: Roelof Langman @ 2005-10-04 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

@book provided the @inbook precedes the @book in a .bib-file. If a @book is
referenced at least two times by an @inbook, an entry for the @book is
included in the reference list.

In the new bibtex-module for Context, the crossreferences are resolved
properly, I think, but the crossreferenced entry is not yet included in the
reference list.

I \cite[gould:1979] and \cite[rioch:1979], but lawrence:1979 doesn't appear
in the reference list.

Cheers, Roelof

@inbook{gould:1979,
  author = "Gould, Laurence J.",
  crossref = "lawrence:1979",
  title = "Men and Women at Work: A Group Relations Conference on Person and
Role",
  note = "See also \cite[rioch:1979].",
  pages = "111--122"                                           }

@inbook{rioch:1979,
  author = "Rioch, Margaret J.",
  crossref = "lawrence:1979",
  title = "The A.K. Rice Group Relations Conferences as a Reflection of
Society",
  pages = "53--68"                                           }

@book{lawrence:1979,
  editor = "Lawrence, W. Gordon",
  title = "Exploring Individual and Organizational Boundaries.",
  publisher = "John Wiley \& Sons Ltd",
  year = 1979                                                }