* right way to get type1 ccr fonts?
@ 2006-05-17 19:21 Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-05-17 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

After a bit of experimenting and reading the mfonts manual, I got the
following to include the type1 font for ccr10 (otherwise pdfetex was
including /var/cache/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/concrete/ccr10.720pk):

  \definetypeface[ceul][rm][serif][concrete][default][encoding=default]
  \definetypeface[ceul][tt][mono] [modern] [default][encoding=texnansi,
							      rscale=1.05]
  \definetypeface[ceul][mm][math] [euler]   [euler] [rscale=1]
  \setupbodyfont [ceul]
  \loadmapfile[my.map]
  \starttext
  a $abc + \int_0^\infty$.
  \stoptext

my.map contains:

  ccr5 ccr5 < sform5.pfb
  ccr6 ccr6 < sform6.pfb
  ccr7 ccr7 < sform7.pfb
  ccr8 ccr8 < sform8.pfb
  ccr9 ccr9 < sform9.pfb
  ccr10 ccr10 < sform10.pfb

The sfo*.pfb fonts are part of the cm-super debian package.  Its README
said sfo*.pfb were the Concrete Roman fonts, so I just went ahead and
guessed the above my.map.  Is this the right way to get the type1
inclusion to work?  And if it's basically okay, then

1. Do I need some re-encoding magic?

2. Is there a pre-built version of this file lying around?

3. When I generate dvi, then I do 'dvips -u +my file.dvi' in order for
   dvips to use the map file.  Should I instead have put the contents of
   my.map in one of the canonical map files that both context/pdftex and
   dvips find?  But I'm not sure I can get pdftex and dvips to agree on
   the set of map files.

I'll wikify the results if they seem of general use.

-Sanjoy

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-17 19:21 UTC | newest]