* indenting after section headings with before, after keyvals
@ 2006-08-06 23:37 Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-08-06 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

The text after section headings is normally not indented, even if
\setupindenting[yes] is given -- which looks good and was a pain to get
right in my plain TeX days.  But the "don't indent that" code seems to
get confused if before= and after= values are given in the heading
setup.

Below is a minimal example (using context 2006.07.24 10:49) showing that
the 'before' hairline is indented, and the "Indented?" text after the
'after' hairline is indented.  All is fine without the \setupindenting
or the \setuphead line.  Is there an easy fix that I missed?  I tried
throwing in \noindent into the before or after keys but no luck.

\setuphead[section][before={\hairline\blank},after={\nowhitespace\hairline}]
\setupindenting[medium,yes]

\starttext
\section{First}
Indented?
\stoptext

* Re: indenting after section headings with before, after keyvals
@ 2006-08-07 16:00 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-08-07 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:

> The text after section headings is normally not indented, even if
> \setupindenting[yes] is given -- which looks good and was a pain to get
> right in my plain TeX days.  But the "don't indent that" code seems to
> get confused if before= and after= values are given in the heading
> setup.
>
> Below is a minimal example (using context 2006.07.24 10:49) showing that
> the 'before' hairline is indented, and the "Indented?" text after the
> 'after' hairline is indented.  All is fine without the \setupindenting
> or the \setuphead line.  Is there an easy fix that I missed?  I tried
> throwing in \noindent into the before or after keys but no luck.

I think that the command is \noindentation.

> \setuphead[section][before={\hairline\blank},after={\nowhitespace\hairline}]

Use instead

\setuphead[section]
           [before={\noindentation\hairline\blank},
            after={\nowhitespace\hairline\noindentation}]

> \setupindenting[medium,yes]
>
> \starttext
> \section{First}
> Indented?
> \stoptext

Aditya

* Re: indenting after section headings with before, after keyvals
@ 2006-08-07 16:59   ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-08-07 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I think that the command is \noindentation.

Thanks, that does the trick.

For future ConTeXt releases, should the no-indentation be handled
automatically by \section (e.g. it would wrap the section including
the before and after material in an environment with \parindent=0pt)?
Or is it better to have the user explicitly specify what they want?

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.