* Separate PDF files
@ 2006-09-20 14:10 Paul Jones
From: Paul Jones @ 2006-09-20 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to have texexec output separate pdf files for each page it
generates instead of a single pdf file?  I have looked through all of the
post-processing commands but can not figure out how to do it from that.

Thank you,
paul

* Re: Separate PDF files
@ 2006-09-20 14:26 ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-09-20 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

It can easily be done with pdftk

pdftk file.pdf burst

if there is no contexty way

Johan

2006/9/20, Paul Jones <shagreel@gmail.com>:
> Is there a way to have texexec output separate pdf files for each page it
> generates instead of a single pdf file?  I have looked through all of the
> post-processing commands but can not figure out how to do it from that.
>
> Thank you,
> paul

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell

* Re: Separate PDF files
@ 2006-09-20 14:38 ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-09-20 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there a way to have texexec output separate pdf files for each
> page it generates instead of a single pdf file?

Not sure, but pdftk (the PDF toolkit, a.k.a. Swiss army knife) has a
'burst' option.  For example:

    pdftk mydoc.pdf burst

gives you pg_0001.pdf, pg_0002.pdf, ....  You can control the output
names with the 'output' option by passing a printf-style string:

    pdftk mydoc.pdf burst output 'mydoc-%02d.pdf'

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.