* dashed or dotted lines in tables
@ 2006-10-26 14:05 Ricard Roca
From: Ricard Roca @ 2006-10-26 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all,

is there any way to make dashed or dotted lines in a table (instead of
continuous) with ConTeXt?

Thanks,

Ricard Roca

* Re: dashed or dotted lines in tables
@ 2006-10-26 14:14 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-10-26 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Oct 26, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Ricard Roca wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> is there any way to make dashed or dotted lines in a table (instead of
> continuous) with ConTeXt?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ricard Roca

You can draw the lines in a table by using Metapost (see the example
in enattab.pdf, p. 9 and 10; there, you can easily have all kinds of
dashed, dotted, and colored patterns, Does that help?

Thomas

* Re: dashed or dotted lines in tables
@ 2006-10-27 15:28   ` Ricard Roca
From: Ricard Roca @ 2006-10-27 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, more or less.

I meant drawing the normal horizontal and vertical rules that separate
rows and columns dashed or dotted instead of continuous, but using TeX
itself, i.e. with an option or command from one of the table packages,
redefining some internal macro, etc. But I see that's not (easily)
doable, and one has to use Metapost.

Thanks

Ricard

* Re: dashed or dotted lines in tables
@ 2006-10-27 19:16     ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-10-27 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I meant drawing the normal horizontal and vertical rules that
> separate rows and columns dashed or dotted instead of continuous,
> but using TeX itself

Check in the TeXbook (I'm far O(10^4) km from my copy right now) about
leaders and \hrulefill, that might do it.

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.