* names as url links
@ 2007-02-05 20:26 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2007-02-05 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hans—

In the same vein, is it possible to make a name such as Amazon.com
into an active url link that will take the reader to
http:www.Amazon.com?

Alan

* Re: names as url links
@ 2007-02-05 21:40 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-02-05 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Hans—
>
> In the same vein, is it possible to make a name such as Amazon.com
> into an active url link that will take the reader to
> http:www.Amazon.com?

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\useURL[amazon][http://www.amazon.com][][amazon.com]

\from[amazon]

Aditya

* Re: names as url links
@ 2007-02-05 22:00 ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2007-02-05 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

See the "Hyperlinks, buttons & navigation" section at

<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Presentations>

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)

* Re: names as url links
@ 2007-02-06 20:45   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2007-02-06 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya and Sanjoy—

Many thanks for your help. I had thought it could be done with \goto
but that does not seem to be the case.

Alan

On Feb 5, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> Hans—
>>
>> In the same vein, is it possible to make a name such as Amazon.com
>> into an active url link that will take the reader to
>> http:www.Amazon.com?
>>

> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \useURL[amazon][http://www.amazon.com][][amazon.com]
>
> \from[amazon]
>
> Aditya

* Re: names as url links
@ 2007-02-06 22:54     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-02-06 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> Aditya and Sanjoy�
>
> Many thanks for your help. I had thought it could be done with \goto
> but that does not seem to be the case.

it can \goto{sometext}[]

between [] anything can go, like [url(symbolicname)] and so or even a chain of actions \goto{oeps}[nextpage,startsound(welcome)] and so

Hans

* Re: names as url links
@ 2007-02-07  3:09       ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2007-02-07  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks. Hans. That is good to know and will prove very useful in my
present project.

Alan