From: abbg770@city.ac.uk
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Couple of questions
Date: 03 Jul 2008 16:58:38 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

Firstly this is my first post :) (and it's going to be long), i've been
using context for about a week or two and it's wonderful i like
particularly like the approach of having everything built into the core.
Just for reference i'm running fedora 9 64bit with texlive and i'm also new
to TeX meaning that i've never bothered to study LaTeX thoroughly (as i was
mainly concerned about just getting my content straight) and redefining
macros was highly annoying, but things have changed now.

Anyhow enough ranting i've got a few questions to ask.

1.  CONTEXT, an excursion
		general/manuals/mp-cb-en.pdfgeneral/manuals/ms-cb-en.pdf

	The Manual
		general/manuals/cont-enp.pdfgeneral/manuals/cont-eni.pdf

	It's in the details
		general/manuals/details.pdf

	i) when are the manuals going to be updated?
         ii) details.pdf looks very interesting, i assume it's not finished
right? any status info?

2.  CONTEXT MkII & MkIV
	general/manuals/mk.pdf

         i've slightly confused as to what LuaTeX is, could someone please
explain it. from what i've gathered it seems like it supports the use of
OpenType fonts natively like XeTex and it's going to be merged into pdfTeX?

3.  Fonts
	general/manuals/mfonts.pdf and general/manuals/mtexfont.pdf

         Is is worth reading these manual since LuaTeX---as i've
understood---is going to support them natively and i'm never going to have
to install fonts again?

4.  Typographic Programming
	general/manuals/style.pdf

         Any idea when the final release of this document is due, i'd like
to make a print out.

5. Is there a book on ConTeXt, that is available for purchase from
somewhere like amazon. if not does anyone know of a good (and cheap)
printshop in London? I'd like to print out the manuals.

6. I forgot to ask, is there anything written about bibliography support?
preferably through BibTeX.

Thanks alot and great work