* letter style
@ 2003-11-11 16:58 Janko Hauser
From: Janko Hauser @ 2003-11-11 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, my name is Janko Hauser, I'm a new context user, after many
years of LaTeX :-)

I want to use context for two different projects.

1. Produce styled PDF documents from a web-content-managment-system.
This will be web-page based but also complete sets of pages to
generate longer documents. One conceptual idea is to have something
like a clip-board of visited pages, which can be printed as one
document.

Ok, this Zope-based site will be an effort going into the next year. I
mention it only for background for the coming questions in the next
months.

2. I want to generate my invoice and business-letters with context. I
searched the mailinglist but the only note I got was a reference to
"the last MAPS" which should contain an article about this. Ah and
Hans has mentioned that there is something in the making :-)
Is there already something to look at? Does someone know a direct link
to the mentioned MAPS-article?

Thanks in advance, I'm really looking forward to using context.

__Janko

* Re: letter style
@ 2003-11-11 19:44 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-11-11 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Janko,

At 17:58 11.11.2003, Janko wrote:
>Hello, my name is Janko Hauser, I'm a new context user, after many
>years of LaTeX :-)
>
>I want to use context for two different projects.
>
>1. Produce styled PDF documents from a web-content-managment-system.
>This will be web-page based but also complete sets of pages to
>generate longer documents. One conceptual idea is to have something
>like a clip-board of visited pages, which can be printed as one
>document.
>
>Ok, this Zope-based site will be an effort going into the next year. I
>mention it only for background for the coming questions in the next
>months.
>
>2. I want to generate my invoice and business-letters with context. I
>searched the mailinglist but the only note I got was a reference to
>"the last MAPS" which should contain an article about this. Ah and
>Hans has mentioned that there is something in the making :-)
>Is there already something to look at? Does someone know a direct link
>to the mentioned MAPS-article?

Context does not directly know styles. - Of course you can create a
layout-file where everything is organized:

         setup the general layout of the page
         setup the font
         setup the logo(s)
         setup header
         setup footer

Use the layout-file in a file invoice.tex:

\input layout-files
\starttext

this is the part where the invoice is placed.

\stoptext

If you provide me the your postal addres (off line) I will make a copy of
the mentioned article for
you.

Kind regards
Willi Egger.
Secretary NTG

* Re: letter style
@ 2003-11-11 20:08   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-11-11 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Dienstag, 11.11.03, um 20:44 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Willi Egger:
> Context does not directly know styles. - Of course you can create a
> layout-file where everything is organized:
>
>         setup the general layout of the page
>         setup the font
>         setup the logo(s)
>         setup header
>         setup footer
>
> Use the layout-file in a file invoice.tex:
>
> \input layout-files

better use environment files and components (project syntax)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/ (offline - server crashed, no money for a
new one)