* XeLaTeX logo
@ 2010-09-07  9:42 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-07  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

may I request the addition of XeLaTeX logo to ConTeXt core? I'm not
sure if there's an official version of it, but I would simply define
it the same way as XeTeX logo, only replacing
    \kern-.15em \TeX}
with
    \kern0em \LaTeX}
at the end of definition. (The original XeLaTeX logo definition is
extra-complicated, so I'm not sure how it's done. I suspect that they
use -0.125 kerning between mirrored E and L, but that makes the two
letters clash too much. It's in tex/latex/metalogo/metalogo.sty)

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca

* Re: XeLaTeX logo
@ 2010-09-07 10:07 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2010-09-07 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

>                            The original XeLaTeX logo definition is
> extra-complicated, so I'm not sure how it's done. I suspect that they
> use -0.125 kerning between mirrored E and L, but that makes the two
> letters clash too much. It's in tex/latex/metalogo/metalogo.sty

  Yes, they do, according to \tracingmacros, but
tex/xelatex/xltxtra/xltxtra.sty apparently only uses 0.1em.

	Arthur

* Re: XeLaTeX logo
@ 2010-09-07 11:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-07 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7-9-2010 11:42, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> may I request the addition of XeLaTeX logo to ConTeXt core? I'm not
> sure if there's an official version of it, but I would simply define
> it the same way as XeTeX logo, only replacing
>      \kern-.15em \TeX}
> with
>      \kern0em \LaTeX}
> at the end of definition. (The original XeLaTeX logo definition is
> extra-complicated, so I'm not sure how it's done. I suspect that they
> use -0.125 kerning between mirrored E and L, but that makes the two
> letters clash too much. It's in tex/latex/metalogo/metalogo.sty)

we can add it to s-abr-01.tex ... actually we can move more logo's there
as it does not make sense to have a latex logo in the core

and we should not bother too much about the fine points of such logo
typesetting .. who cares anyway

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: XeLaTeX logo
@ 2010-09-07 11:41   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-07 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.09.2010 um 13:07 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> we can add it to s-abr-01.tex ... actually we can move more logo's there as it does not make sense to have a latex logo in the core

Don't remove the LaTeX logo from the core, it's useful when you want to mention LaTeX in a document.

Wolfgang