On 8 Mar 2015, at 23:17 , Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote > On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 05:24:51 -0600, Robert Blackstone wrote >> I would like to use something like a "half-space" or small space in > All the suggestions you have received are good, but ultimately you might > want to look at the spaces that Unicode provides, for example 202F. Not > sure sure which Unicode space character best suits your needs, but once > you have determined that, you can map it to one of the commands suggested > by others, or even define it to the exact width you want. For example, I > use imacron (U+012B) so much that it clashes with other characters. So I > map it to an alternate version that has a thinner macron: > > \defineactivecharacter ī {\fontchar{imacron.alt}} > > So what you want is a unicode space character that you can enter in your > editor, then define it in ConTeXt to exactly what you want. and Hans Hagen wrote > fyi: the list that Wolfgang shows with verbose space names ... these are > in fact unicode characters. Thanks to both of you for pointing this out to me. Up till now I have never used unicode characters the way Idris proposes and I’m not sure that I already have the skills to make it work. For the moment I’m quite happy with the many possibilities that were given by Wolfgang and Hans. Best regards, Robert