Dear Mikael, > 2) Is there a nice way to compile the tex file from > within vs code? As of > now, I opened a terminal and compiled from that, but that feels like the > wrong way of doing it. For the first question, I don’t know either. For the second question, I’d like to explain what I did for compiling TeX file in vscode. Since I use vscode in MacOsX, you may find your way in Linux. There is a tasks.json file in .vscode folder. I added the following script in the “tasks":[ ] and save it. (You have to modify the "texmf-osx-64/bin” path in the following script from your machine. { "label": "ConTeXt LuaMetaTeX", "type": "shell", "command": "export PATH=/Users/graph/ConTeXtLM/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin:$PATH;mtxrun --autogenerate --script context --autopdf --purge '${file}'", "args": [], "options": { "cwd": "${fileDirname}" }, "group": { "kind": "build", "isDefault": true } }, When you want to compile a ConTeXt file, find “terminal > Run Build task” in the menu, then “ConTeXt LuaMetaTex” will pop up. Or just use the key “command-shift-B” instead using menu item. I hope that it may help. Best wishes, Dalyoung