* Footnotes AFTER table ?
@ 2009-10-26 14:13 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2009-10-26 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a long table (15pages) with about 150 long footnotes (NOT local
notes!).
The only chance to set this will be to set all footnotes after the
table.

My first attempt (see minimal below) failed ...

Could someone help me please?

Thanks

Steffen

---

\starttext

\setupfootnotes[location=text]

\postponefootnotes

\bTABLE
\bTR\bTD
TEST\footnote{\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte \par}}
\eTR\eTD
\eTABLE

\page
Notes:
\flushfootnotes

\stoptext

* Re: Footnotes AFTER table ?
@ 2009-10-26 14:39 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-10-26 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:
> Hi,
>

> I have a long table (15pages) with about 150 long footnotes (NOT local
> notes!).
> The only chance to set this will be to set all footnotes after the table.
>
> My first attempt (see minimal below) failed ...
>
> Could someone help me please?
>

> Thanks
>
> Steffen
>
> ---
>
> \starttext
>
> \setupfootnotes[location=text]
>
> \postponefootnotes

\postponenotes

> \bTABLE
> \bTR\bTD
> TEST\footnote{\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte \par}}
> \eTR\eTD
> \eTABLE
>
> \page
> Notes:
> \flushfootnotes
\placefootnotes

works here (mkiv). But I don't use these commands that often, so there
is a big chance, that this is not optimal  ;)

Best wishes,  Peter

> \stoptext

* Re: Footnotes AFTER table ?
@ 2009-10-26 14:53   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2009-10-26 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.10.2009 um 15:39 schrieb Peter Rolf:

> Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have a long table (15pages) with about 150 long footnotes (NOT
>> local notes!).
>> The only chance to set this will be to set all footnotes after the
>> table.
>>
>> My first attempt (see minimal below) failed ...
>>
>> Could someone help me please?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Steffen
>>
>> ---
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \setupfootnotes[location=text]
>>
>> \postponefootnotes
>>
> \postponenotes
>
>> \bTABLE
>> \bTR\bTD
>> TEST\footnote{\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte \par}}
>> \eTR\eTD
>> \eTABLE
>>
>> \page
>> Notes:
>> \flushfootnotes
> \placefootnotes
>

> works here (mkiv). But I don't use these commands that often, so
> there is a big chance, that this is not optimal  ;)

Hmm, the result looks strange:

http://werksatz.com/attachments/postpone_1.pdf

A pagebreak above? And note not split?

Steffen

---

\showframe
\starttext

\setupfootnotes[location=text]

\postponefootnotes

\bTABLE
\bTR\bTD
TEST\footnote{\dorecurse{20}{\input tufte \par}}
\eTR\eTD
\eTABLE

\page
Notes:\placefootnotes

\stoptext

* Re: Footnotes AFTER table ?
@ 2009-10-26 15:16     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-10-26 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:

> Am 26.10.2009 um 15:39 schrieb Peter Rolf:
>
>> Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I have a long table (15pages) with about 150 long footnotes (NOT
>>> local notes!).
>>> The only chance to set this will be to set all footnotes after the
>>> table.
>>>
>>> My first attempt (see minimal below) failed ...
>>>
>>> Could someone help me please?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Steffen
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotes[location=text]
>>>
>>> \postponefootnotes
>>>
>> \postponenotes
>>
>>> \bTABLE
>>> \bTR\bTD
>>> TEST\footnote{\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte \par}}
>>> \eTR\eTD
>>> \eTABLE
>>>
>>> \page
>>> Notes:
>>> \flushfootnotes
>> \placefootnotes
>>

>> works here (mkiv). But I don't use these commands that often, so
>> there is a big chance, that this is not optimal  ;)
>

> Hmm, the result looks strange:
>
> http://werksatz.com/attachments/postpone_1.pdf
>

> A pagebreak above? And note not split?

oh, you use mkii. sorry, but i thought you were adapting your mkii code
to mkiv.
no page break after 'Notes:' here. donno what you mean with 'note not
split'. i'll send you the pdf in a private mail.

> Steffen
>
> ---
>

> \showframe
> \starttext
>
> \setupfootnotes[location=text]
>
> \postponefootnotes
>
> \bTABLE
> \bTR\bTD
> TEST\footnote{\dorecurse{20}{\input tufte \par}}
> \eTR\eTD
> \eTABLE
>
> \page
> Notes:\placefootnotes
>
> \stoptext

* Re: Footnotes AFTER table ?
@ 2009-10-26 16:18       ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-10-26 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf schrieb:
> Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:

>>> \postponenotes

>>> \placefootnotes
>>>

>>> works here (mkiv). But I don't use these commands that often, so
>>> there is a big chance, that this is not optimal  ;)
>>

>> Hmm, the result looks strange:
>>
>> http://werksatz.com/attachments/postpone_1.pdf
>>

>> A pagebreak above? And note not split?
>
> oh, you use mkii. sorry, but i thought you were adapting your mkii
> code to mkiv.
> no page break after 'Notes:' here. donno what you mean with 'note not
> split'. i'll send you the pdf in a private mail.

i have sent you two mails to your email address. just in case they were
eaten up by your junk filter...
try 'location=none' (looks good here)

>> Steffen
>>
>> ---
>>

>> \showframe
>> \starttext
>>
>> \setupfootnotes[location=text]
>>
>> \postponefootnotes
>>
>> \bTABLE
>> \bTR\bTD
>> TEST\footnote{\dorecurse{20}{\input tufte \par}}
>> \eTR\eTD
>> \eTABLE
>>
>> \page
>> Notes:\placefootnotes
>>
>> \stoptext

* Re: Footnotes AFTER table ?
@ 2009-10-26 17:42       ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2009-10-26 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.10.2009 um 16:16 schrieb Peter Rolf:

> Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:

>>> \postponenotes

>>> \placefootnotes
>>>

>>> works here (mkiv). But I don't use these commands that often, so
>>> there is a big chance, that this is not optimal  ;)
>>

>> Hmm, the result looks strange:
>>
>> http://werksatz.com/attachments/postpone_1.pdf
>>

>> A pagebreak above? And note not split?
>
> oh, you use mkii. sorry, but i thought you were adapting your mkii
> code to mkiv.
> no page break after 'Notes:' here. donno what you mean with 'note
> not split'.

The note does not split.

Look at page 3 of postpone_1.pdf (see above): the footnote doesn't
stop/break at the bottom but runs on and on and on ...

St.

* Re: Footnotes AFTER table ?
@ 2009-10-26 17:44         ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2009-10-26 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.10.2009 um 17:18 schrieb Peter Rolf:

> i have sent you two mails to your email address. just in case they
> were eaten up by your junk filter...
> try 'location=none' (looks good here)

yes, I just saw them: perfect! looks wonderful!

Thanks a lot Peter!!

Steffen