* basic formatting in ConTeXt
@ 2004-01-27 11:42 Alan C.Bowen
From: Alan C.Bowen @ 2004-01-27 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am new to ConTeXt and have what are doubtless some very basic
questions. I have checked the manuals and the archives of this list and
of the TeX on Mac OS X list the, but have not found what I am looking
for yet. What I need is
(a) to set up the footers and headers in a book so that there is only
a footer on the first page and only a header on subsequent pages,
(b) to define the first page number
(c) to set the color of a page in its entirety.

Any pointers to documents, solutions, or worked examples in ConTeXt
will be very much appreciated. I have some idea of how to do these
things in Plain TeX, but should really like to migrate to ConTeXt.

Alan

* Re: basic formatting in ConTeXt
@ 2004-01-27 20:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-01-27 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Alan C.Bowen

At 12:42 27/01/2004, Alan C.Bowen wrote:
>I am new to ConTeXt and have what are doubtless some very basic questions.
>I have checked the manuals and the archives of this list and of the TeX on
>Mac OS X list the, but have not found what I am looking for yet. What I need is
>(a) to set up the footers and headers in a book so that there is only
>a footer on the first page and only a header on subsequent pages,
>(b) to define the first page number
>(c) to set the color of a page in its entirety.
>
>Any pointers to documents, solutions, or worked examples in ConTeXt will
>be very much appreciated. I have some idea of how to do these things in
>Plain TeX, but should really like to migrate to ConTeXt.

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\setupcolors[state=start,textcolor=red]

\definetext[chapterstart][footer][\pagenumber]

\setupheadertexts[\pagenumber]

\setuphead[chapter][header=high,footer=chapterstart]

\starttext

\chapter{Zapf}

\dorecurse{20}{\input zapf\relax}

\stoptext

Along these lines ...

Hans

* Re: basic formatting in ConTeXt
@ 2004-01-28 10:51   ` Alan C.Bowen
From: Alan C.Bowen @ 2004-01-28 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans—

This is very helpful indeed. Thank you very much.

Alan