* Stretching chapter titles - MKII
@ 2011-02-15  0:45 Tom
From: Tom @ 2011-02-15  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Follows is some code that executes. The lines immediately following
\starttext create a sample of the desired output format. However, I want to
accomplish similar results for chapter titles via the passing of arguments
containing the chapter title and number. Numerous attempts at that have
resulted in abject failure. I am clearly missing something.

\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2
  {\switchtobodyfont[ss,30pt]
   \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{Chapter\\One}}
   \blank[small]
   \switchtobodyfont[sansbold,20pt]
   \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}}}

\setuphead[chapter]
 [command=\MyChapterCommand,
  header=empty,footer=chapter,page=mychapterpagebreak,
  after={\blank[0.5in]},before={\blank[force,1.0in]}]

\starttext
\switchtobodyfont[sans,30pt]
\hbox to \hsize {\stretched{Chapter\\One}}
\blank[small]
\switchtobodyfont[sansbold,20pt]
\hbox to \hsize {\stretched{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}}

\chapter{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}
\input knuth
\stoptext

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
blog: www.TomBenjey.com

* Re: Stretching chapter titles - MKII
@ 2011-02-15  7:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-15  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15-2-2011 1:45, Tom wrote:

> Follows is some code that executes. The lines immediately following
> \starttext create a sample of the desired output format. However, I want to
> accomplish similar results for chapter titles via the passing of arguments
> containing the chapter title and number. Numerous attempts at that have
> resulted in abject failure. I am clearly missing something.
>

> \def\MyChapterCommand#1#2
>    {\switchtobodyfont[ss,30pt]
>     \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{Chapter\\One}}
>     \blank[small]
>     \switchtobodyfont[sansbold,20pt]
>     \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}}}
>
> \setuphead[chapter]
>   [command=\MyChapterCommand,
>    header=empty,footer=chapter,page=mychapterpagebreak,
>    after={\blank[0.5in]},before={\blank[force,1.0in]}]
>

> \starttext
> \switchtobodyfont[sans,30pt]
> \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{Chapter\\One}}
> \blank[small]
> \switchtobodyfont[sansbold,20pt]
> \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}}
>
> \chapter{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}
> \input knuth
> \stoptext

you can try deepcommand=\stretched but as this macro does parsing and
lots of things can happen in titles there are no guarantees

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-02-15 18:14 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-15 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.02.2011 um 01:45 schrieb Tom:

> Follows is some code that executes. The lines immediately following
> \starttext create a sample of the desired output format. However, I want to
> accomplish similar results for chapter titles via the passing of arguments
> containing the chapter title and number. Numerous attempts at that have
> resulted in abject failure. I am clearly missing something.

Can’t you use MkIV, it has better support for tracking?

Wolfgang

* Re: Stretching chapter titles - MKII
@ 2011-02-16 15:20             ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-02-16 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Tom wrote:

> I tried to execute MKIV by typing in context hello.tex and got an error
> message. Apparently something else needs to be installed.
>
> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Run mtxrun --generate

> What major changes to my documents will I likely need to make to shift to
> MKIV?

- Font loading. Overall font loading is simpler, but you might need to
adapt your typescripts (on occasions I have had to define \sc in terms of
\addfontfeature, but I haven't checked if that is still needed).

- Regimes: MkIV assumes UTF-8.

- Headings: the setups for chapter and section stoppers and referencing
has changed. You have much more flexibility now, but need to adapt your
style files accordingly.

- Metapost: It is no longer possible to change the color of a label in
metapost. (You can set it up at TeX level, so this is not a
limitation...you just need to change the label commands).

Aditya

* Re: Stretching chapter titles - MKII
@ 2011-02-16 14:52               ` John McGarrachan
From: John McGarrachan @ 2011-02-16 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

remember to setuptex first, all other necessary steps are listed in
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV

@ 2011-02-16 14:14             ` Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2011-02-16 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2011-02-16 14:06           ` Tom