From: Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>
To: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: writing date with ordinal numbers (\enordinaldaynumber) in mkiv
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 15:14:07 +0200	[thread overview]

Am 01.10.2011 um 14:57 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 29-9-2011 13:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Even when you patch this you don’t get any output because context tries (in the example below) to use the label “August:mnem” but only the label “august:mnem” is defined.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \date[d=1,m=8][day:ord,space,month,space,month:mnem]
>>
>> \starttabulate[|Tl|l|]
>> \NC August      \EQ \labeltext{August}      \NC\NR
>> \NC August:mnem \EQ \labeltext{August:mnem} \NC\NR
>> \NC august:mnem \EQ \labeltext{august:mnem} \NC\NR
>> \stoptabulate
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> which makes me wonder ... in the past these v! were used instead of labels but it might make more sense now to lowercase the v!

This explains why you use variables as keys in \setuplabeltext etc.

> okay?

+1

> of course the labeltexts stay the same

There is also a bug for the labels in the form “<month>:mnem” in lang-lab.lua

function languages.labels.define()
    local variables = interfaces.variables
    local data = languages.data.labels
    local function define(command,list,prefixed)
        if list then
            context.pushcatcodes(prtcatcodes) -- context.unprotect
            for tag, data in next, list do
                if data.hidden then
                    -- skip
                else
                    for language, text in next, data.labels do
                        if text == "" then
                            -- skip
                        elseif prefixed and rawget(variables,tag) then

“rawget” checks if a variable “<month>:mnem” is defined but since this isn’t the case

Wolfgang