* How to define Small Caps when installing a new font (repost)
@ 2004-07-07 16:37 Fabio Fogliuzzi
From: Fabio Fogliuzzi @ 2004-07-07 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excuse me if this message will be posted twice. In the first post I
inadvertently used  my work e-mail address which is not registered in
this forum.

A question about fonts. I have successfully installed (for the first
time) a font using the texfont utility and creating both small caps and
slanted variants of the font.
I wrote the following typescript saved in a file named 'Typeface.tex':

\starttypescript [map] [texnansi]
\loadmapfile [texnansi-bertholdag-grotesk-akzidenz]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [grotesk] [name]
\definefontsynonym[Sans] [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended]
\definefontsynonym[SansItalic] [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Italic]
\definefontsynonym[SansSlanted] [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Slanted]
\definefontsynonym[SansBold] [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Bold]
\definefontsynonym[SansBoldItalic] [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-BoldItalic]
\definefontsynonym[SansBoldSlanted][AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-
BoldSlanted]
\definefontsynonym[SansCaps] [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Caps]
\definefontsynonym[SansItalicCaps]
[AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Italic-Caps]
\definefontsynonym[SansBoldCaps] [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Bold-Caps]
\definefontsynonym[SansBoldItalicCaps]
[AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-BoldItalic-Caps]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [grotesk] [texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended] [texnansi-gflex]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Italic] [texnansi-gflex]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Bold] [texnansi-gfmex]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-BoldItalic]
[texnansi-gfmex-slanted-167] [encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Slanted]
[texnansi-gflex-slanted-167] [encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-BoldSlanted]
[texnansi-gfmex-slanted-167] [encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Caps]
[texnansi-gflex-capitalized-800] [encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Italic-Caps]
[texnansi-gflex-capitalized-800-slanted-167] [encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-Bold-Caps]
[texnansi-gfmex-capitalized-800] [encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [AkzidenzGrotesk-Extended-BoldItalic-Caps]
[texnansi-gfmex-capitalized-800-slanted-167] [encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [akzidenzgrotesk]
   \definetypeface [AkzidenzGrotesk] [ss] [sans] [mixgroteskcmr]
[default] [encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

  and in the  file to typeset I wrote:

\usetypescriptfile[Typeface]
\usetypescript[AkzidenzGrotesk]
\setupbodyfont[AkzidenzGrotesk,ss]

All seems to work as expected, except for the use of the
SansItalicCaps, SansBoldCaps and SansBoldItalicCaps variants.
What is the correct way to define a font so that {\bf \sc Some Text}
get typeset in the SansBoldCaps variant of the font?
A similar question exists for {\it \sc Some Text}, {\bi \sc Some Text}
etc.
I have read chapter 5.3 of the Context manual and the 'Fonts in
Context' without finding a hint.

Every hint (for a beginner) will be appreciated.

F. Fogliuzzi