Dear Hans, >> But I cannot see any syntax coloring and don’t know how to compile a TeX file. >> Would you please help me more? > I think you also need to choose the context color scheme > Yes, syntax coloring works after choosing the context color scheme. I find a following task file to compile a file from vscode, but it doesn’t work. Here is the error message: /bin/bash: context: command not found The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127 %%%%% { // See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=733558 // for the documentation about the tasks.json format "version": "2.0.0", "tasks": [ { "label": "ConTeXt build", "type": "shell", // Keep in mind that the file path here has to be changed "command": "context myfile.tex", "group": { "kind": "build", "isDefault": true // Since we set this task to the default build task, you can // run it with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+B by default) } } ] } %%%%%%% i am using ConTeXtLMTX installed ~/ConTeXtLMTX/. Thank you. Best regards, Dalyoung