Hi Thomas, Thanks for your new suggestions. As a matter of fact, I yesterday found the following suggestion (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Layers): \definelayer[AddressBg] [location={right,top}, y=6cm, x=12cm, color=red, style=\ss\tfa]. I used this in the sample suggested by you yesterday. The address actually moves to the desired place! However, the color and style instructions (\ss\tfa) have no effect. I tried to solve that, as a first step, by putting \ss before the \xmlall instruction: \startxmlsetups xlm:contact \setlayer[AddressBg] {\framed[width=55mm,height=30mm, align=right,background=color, backgroundcolor=lightgray]{\ss\xmlall{#1}{/address}}} \strut ... \stopxmlsetups This works (see pdf), but there are probably other and better ways.