This I don't get right about whitespace between paragraphs made with \defineparagraphs. \starttext \setupwhitespace[none] a\par b\par c\par % the above close spaced thus behaving as expected % these do not obey setupwhitespace[none]: \defineparagraphs[param][n=2,before={\setupwhitespace[none]}] \setupparagraphs[param][1][width=2cm] \startparam first \param {\sl contents} \stopparam \startparam second \param {\sl contents} \stopparam % I tried other things, remembering a recent question about a similar problem with framed texts. % Neither of the following made a difference: \defineparagraphs[param][n=2,before={\setupwhitespace[none]}] \setupparagraphs[param][1][width=2cm,before={\setupwhitespace[none]}] \setupparagraphs[param][2][before={\setupwhitespace[none]}] % height=... seems not to influence the distance between the paragraphs \stoptext How can one for these paragraphs the wanted distance apart? Hans van der Meer