* A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-02 14:10 Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-02 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all

I'm trying to setup captions for figures with mkiv. I found this page on the wiki:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupnumbering

Using both these:

\setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
\setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]

formulae are numbered as expected but captions are not, the prefix is
lacking.

My next question is, how to replace the word "Figure" in the caption by
another one?

Sorry if these have been discussed before...

Thanks,
--
Jean

* Re: A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-02 14:19 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-02 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.08.2011 um 16:10 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:

> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to setup captions for figures with mkiv. I found this page on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupnumbering
>
> Using both these:
>
> \setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
> \setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
>
> formulae are numbered as expected but captions are not, the prefix is
> lacking.

Does it help when you add “prefix=yes” to \setupcaptions?

When this doesn’t work you should provide a minimal example.

> My next question is, how to replace the word "Figure" in the caption by
> another one?

\setuplabeltext[en][figure=Picture ]

Wolfgang

* Re: A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-03  6:29   ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-03  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 02 août à 16:19:01 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| Am 02.08.2011 um 16:10 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:
>
| > Hi all
| >
| > I'm trying to setup captions for figures with mkiv. I found this page on the wiki:
| >
| > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupnumbering
| >
| > Using both these:
| >
| > \setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
| > \setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
| >
| > formulae are numbered as expected but captions are not, the prefix is
| > lacking.
>
| Does it help when you add “prefix=yes” to \setupcaptions?
>
| When this doesn’t work you should provide a minimal example.

No; here is where I stand after some more trial and errors:
 - On my small testfile when adding chapters and sections I get a prefix (section
 number); however I want the chapter number as prefix, which is the
 standard practice and I don't see how to do that with mkiv (obviously it
 is doable...)
 - On my big real file I have no prefix, I only hope I will find out why by myself...

| > My next question is, how to replace the word "Figure" in the caption by
| > another one?
>
| \setuplabeltext[en][figure=Picture ]

yes

Thank you Wolfgang
--

@ 2011-08-03  7:13     ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-03  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 03 août à 08:29:55 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> écrit notamment:

| No; here is where I stand after some more trial and errors:
|  - On my small testfile when adding chapters and sections I get a prefix (section
|  number); however I want the chapter number as prefix, which is the
|  standard practice and I don't see how to do that with mkiv (obviously it
|  is doable...)

\setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=chapter] works as expected!

bye,
--

@ 2011-08-04  6:16     ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-04  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 03 août à 08:29:55 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> écrit notamment:

| Le 02 août à 16:19:01 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:
>
| | Am 02.08.2011 um 16:10 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:
| >
| | > Hi all
| | >
| | > I'm trying to setup captions for figures with mkiv. I found this page on the wiki:
| | >
| | > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupnumbering
| | >
| | > Using both these:
| | >
| | > \setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
| | > \setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
| | >
| | > formulae are numbered as expected but captions are not, the prefix is
| | > lacking.
| >
| | Does it help when you add “prefix=yes” to \setupcaptions?
| >
| | When this doesn’t work you should provide a minimal example.
>
| No; here is where I stand after some more trial and errors:
|  - On my small testfile when adding chapters and sections I get a prefix (section
|  number); however I want the chapter number as prefix, which is the
|  standard practice and I don't see how to do that with mkiv (obviously it
|  is doable...)
|  - On my big real file I have no prefix, I only hope I will find out why by myself...

After lots of checking on my project I came to this, which looks like a
bug:

Project is eg:
\startproduct Test
 \environment env_test
 \startfrontmatter
 \component bla
 \stopfrontmatter

 \startbodymatter

 \component test1
 \component test2
\stopbodymatter

\stopproduct
If files test1.tex and  test2.tex begin with \starttext and end with
\stoptext: \setupcaptions works as expected regarding prefix

If files test1.tex and  test2.tex begin with \startcomponent and end with
\stopcomponent: \setupcaptions does not work as expected regarding prefix
(no prefix at all)

\setupformulae not affected

bye,
--

@ 2011-08-04 13:38       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-04 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.08.2011 um 08:16 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:

> After lots of checking on my project I came to this, which looks like a
> bug:
>
> Project is eg:
> \startproduct Test
> \environment env_test
> \startfrontmatter
> \component bla
> \stopfrontmatter
>
> \startbodymatter
>
> \component test1
> \component test2
> \stopbodymatter
>

> \stopproduct
> If files test1.tex and  test2.tex begin with \starttext and end with
> \stoptext: \setupcaptions works as expected regarding prefix
>

> If files test1.tex and  test2.tex begin with \startcomponent and end with
> \stopcomponent: \setupcaptions does not work as expected regarding prefix
> (no prefix at all)

Provide a *minimal working*, otherwise there is no way to tell what’s wrong.

Wolfgang

* Re: A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-04 15:10         ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-04 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 04 août à 15:38:11 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| Provide a *minimal working*, otherwise there is no way to tell what’s wrong.

sure
Here are 4 files:

TEst.tex:
\startproduct Test
 \environment env_test
 \startfrontmatter
 \component bla
 \stopfrontmatter

 \startbodymatter

 \component test1
 \component test2
\stopbodymatter

\stopproduct

env_test.tex:
\startenvironment env_test
\setupcolors
[state=start]
\setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=chapter]
\setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\definereferenceformat[ineq] [left=(,right=),text=équation]
\definereferenceformat[graph][left={graphique },right=]
\stopenvironment

test1.tex:
\startcomponent

\chapter{ch 1}
 This file has been typeset
 on \currentdate{}
 at \currenttime,

 with
 \doifmodeelse{mkiv}{mkiv, LuaTeX revision \luatexrevision, (LuaTeX
 date stamp \luatexdatestamp)}{mkii},
 ConTeXt version \contextversion,
 using the command:

 \starttyping
 context test.tex
 \stoptyping

\stopcomponent

test2.tex:

\startcomponent
\chapter{ch 2}
\section{un}
\startuseMPgraphic{kdj}
  pickup pencircle scaled 1.5mm ;
draw (origin -- dir(45) -- dir(0) -- cycle)
  scaled sqrt(2) scaled 3cm                   withcolor .625red ;
draw (origin -- dir(angle(1,1)) -- dir(angle(1,0)) -- cycle)
  scaled sqrt(2) scaled 3cm shifted (4.5cm,0) withcolor .625yellow ;
draw (origin -- (1,1) -- (1,0) -- cycle)
  scaled         3cm shifted (9cm,0)          withcolor .625white ;
label.lft(btex quid? $\alpha$ etex, (1,3));
\stopuseMPgraphic

\placefigure[][fig:un]{Un}{\useMPgraphic{kdj}}

\section{deux}
\placeformula[eq:pythagoras]
\startformula
  a^2+b^2=c^2
\stopformula

This is explained in \ineq[eq:pythagoras].

Et dans le \graph[fig:un]
\stopcomponent

"context TEst" produces a different result in the caption with these files
and when replacing (start-stop)component by (start-stop)text (files test1
and test2).

--

@ 2011-08-04 16:14           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-04 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.08.2011 um 17:10 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:

> Le 04 août à 15:38:11 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:
>
> | Provide a *minimal working*, otherwise there is no way to tell what’s wrong.
>
> test1.tex:
> \startcomponent

\startcomponent test1

> test2.tex:
>
> \startcomponent

\startcomponent test2

> "context TEst" produces a different result in the caption with these files
> and when replacing (start-stop)component by (start-stop)text (files test1
> and test2).

It’s no surprise that you don’t get a chapter prefix because there is
no in your document. You forgot the title after \startcomponent and
ConTeXt took “\chapter{…}” as argument for the component title.

Wolfgang

* Re: A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-04 17:17             ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-04 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 04 août à 18:14:45 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| It’s no surprise that you don’t get a chapter prefix because there is
| no in your document. You forgot the title after \startcomponent and
| ConTeXt took “\chapter{…}” as argument for the component title.

Right, my mistake!

However, with such mistake we have a prefix for formulas anyway!

Moreover the mistake is only in the test files, my real files seem correct
(at least in this regard) and I do not get any prefix in captions there!

Let me search again :(

Thanks,
--

@ 2011-08-04 17:24               ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-04 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.08.2011 um 19:17 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:

> Le 04 août à 18:14:45 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:
>
> | It’s no surprise that you don’t get a chapter prefix because there is
> | no in your document. You forgot the title after \startcomponent and
> | ConTeXt took “\chapter{…}” as argument for the component title.
>
> Right, my mistake!
>
> However, with such mistake we have a prefix for formulas anyway!

\setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=chapter]
\setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]

You use for the formula the section number as prefix while floats use chapters.

In your example there had been section but no chapter and therefore
you get a prefix for formulas but none for floats.

Wolfgang

* Re: A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-04 17:52                 ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-04 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 04 août à 19:24:20 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| Am 04.08.2011 um 19:17 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:
>
| > Le 04 août à 18:14:45 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:
| >
| > | It’s no surprise that you don’t get a chapter prefix because there is
| > | no in your document. You forgot the title after \startcomponent and
| > | ConTeXt took “\chapter{…}” as argument for the component title.
| >
| > Right, my mistake!
| >
| > However, with such mistake we have a prefix for formulas anyway!
>
| \setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=chapter]
| \setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=section]
>
| You use for the formula the section number as prefix while floats use chapters.
>
| In your example there had been section but no chapter and therefore
| you get a prefix for formulas but none for floats.

Wolfgang, thank you for your patience, I do need rest!

--

@ 2011-08-05  8:00               ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-05  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 04 août à 19:17:55 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> écrit notamment:

| Let me search again :(

Here is what I found now. In my environment file (real not test) I have
this:

\setuphead[subsection][number=no]

whenever a formula or picture is within a subsection the prefix disappears
all over, so the "number=no" is not just for how things look (as I
believed), it has deeper effects.

--

@ 2011-08-05 12:30                 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-05 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.08.2011 um 10:00 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:

> Le 04 août à 19:17:55 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> écrit notamment:
>
> | Let me search again :(
>
> Here is what I found now. In my environment file (real not test) I have
> this:
>
> \setuphead[subsection][number=no]
>
> whenever a formula or picture is within a subsection the prefix disappears
> all over, so the "number=no" is not just for how things look (as I
> believed), it has deeper effects.

Can you make a minimal example for this.

Wolfgang

* Re: A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-05 13:51                   ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-05 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 05 août à 14:30:55 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| Am 05.08.2011 um 10:00 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:
>
| > Le 04 août à 19:17:55 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> écrit notamment:
| >
| > | Let me search again :(
| >
| > Here is what I found now. In my environment file (real not test) I have
| > this:
| >
| > \setuphead[subsection][number=no]
| >
| > whenever a formula or picture is within a subsection the prefix disappears
| > all over, so the "number=no" is not just for how things look (as I
| > believed), it has deeper effects.
>
| Can you make a minimal example for this.

Here are the four files. This time it is the formula lacking the prefix.
\startproduct Test
 \environment env_test
 \startbodymatter

 \component test1
 \component test2
\stopbodymatter

\stopproduct

\startenvironment env_test
\setupcolors
[state=start]
\setupcaptions[way=bysection,prefixsegments=chapter]
\setupformulae[way=bysection,prefixsegments=chapter]
[...]

Document créé grâce au système d'édition \CONTEXT%

LUA
 \startlua
 a = 1.5
 b = 1.9
 c = a*b
 tex.print(c)
 \stoplua

\section{deux}
\subsection{trois}

\placeformula[eq:pythagoras]
\startformula
  a^2+b^2=c^2
\stopformula

\subsection{quatre}
This is explained in \ineq[eq:pythagoras].

Et dans le \graph[fig:un]

\stopcomponent

bye
--

@ 2011-08-05 15:36                     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-05 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.08.2011 um 15:51 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:

> Here are the four files. This time it is the formula lacking the prefix.

For the moment replace “number=no” with “incrementnumber=no”.

Wolfgang

* Re: A couple of setupcaptions questions
@ 2011-08-05 16:51                       ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2011-08-05 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 05 août à 17:36:39 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| For the moment replace “number=no” with “incrementnumber=no”.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  ??????????????

That's it!

Thanks
--

@ 2011-08-05 18:16                         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-05 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.08.2011 um 18:51 schrieb Jean Magnan de Bornier:

> Le 05 août à 17:36:39 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:
>
> | For the moment replace “number=no” with “incrementnumber=no”.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  ??????????????
>
> That's it!

There is a bug but it takes time to find it, unless it is found and fixed use incrementnumber.

BTW: A *minimal* example your problem is **this**:

\setupformulas[way=bysection,prefixsegments=chapter]

%\setuphead[subsection][number=no]
\setuphead[subsection][incrementnumber=no]

\starttext

\chapter{Chapter 1}
\chapter{Chapter 2}
\section{Section}