* Re: nice friends-book with ConText
@ 2011-10-13 21:54 Jan Heinen
       [not found] ` <CALBOmsb0getiMX4ukXMsQakhUxfsuOC1mZ0x5tDd7QMCZKQEfg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jan Heinen @ 2011-10-13 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Step by Step I'm going forward.

This shuld be the result, when I am ready:
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/f4o3un2c/Entwurffriends.png

At the moment I try to get the foto into a layer.
Though the layer is definded as 30x40mm and the foto as well
- the foto does not fit into the layer: the layer is a bit
bigger.

See here:
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/29611n9s/FotoinLayer.png

And here is what I did:

\definelayer[Kontaktdaten][x=50mm,y=150mm,width=30mm,height=40mm,state=start]
% size is ignored!
\setupbackgrounds[paper][setups=ALayer,background=Kontaktdaten,state=start]
\starttext
\strut
\setlayerframed[Kontaktdaten][frame=on,hoffset=0mm,voffset=0mm,align=left]
{
   {\externalfigure[jkopp][width=30mm][height=40mm]}
}
\stoptext

How can I fit the foto exactly into the layer?
Jannis

* nice friends-book with ConText
@ 2011-10-13 12:13 Jan Heinen
From: Jan Heinen @ 2011-10-13 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I hope the answer is easier than the question :-)

I am a ConText-Newby and am struggeling with the huge amount
of ConText-commands.

I want to make a little book with infos and fotos of our
friends - and I am afraid, the nice layout I have in mind is
to complicated or impossible with ConText - at least for me.

The book will have 40 pages and every page with the same
layout. I have posted the layout I want to use as a .png to
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/f4o3un2c/Entwurffriends.png

Which ConText-commands do I need for this layout? I tried
\inmargin - without success.
\definelayer and \setlayerframed worked (a littlebit) -
though the running text (beneath the headline) runs through
the layer.

What seems the easiest way? layers, columns, ?

Maybe someone here has a little example which I can finetune.

Which hints can be given? I would be very happy about a
rough structure of the context-code - I think then I am able
to do the finetuning with the manuals.

I am working with Linux - so Indesign is no alternative for
me :-)

Regards
Jannis