* AMS extensions and Context.
@ 2007-05-02 12:53 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2007-05-02 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

The folks over at Scribus (a Quarkish Open Source page layout program)
are considering using some form of TeX for math typesetting. I
mentioned plain pdftex and Context as forms of TeX to be considered
as well as LaTeX.  The question came up: how does Context comport
with AMS extensions?  What should I say in reply?

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com

* Re: AMS extensions and Context.
@ 2007-05-02 13:45 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-05-02 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/5/2, John R. Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com>:

> The folks over at Scribus (a Quarkish Open Source page layout program)
> are considering using some form of TeX for math typesetting. I
> mentioned plain pdftex and Context as forms of TeX to be considered
> as well as LaTeX.  The question came up: how does Context comport
> with AMS extensions?  What should I say in reply?
>
> --
> John Culleton

Hi John,

ConTeXt has most of the AMS features already included and you can
use them without any extra package or worrying about the current package
version.

If something is missing it shouldn't be a big problem to implement them,
Aditya show us sometimes new features, he ported from plain TeX code
to ConTeXt.

Wolfgang

* Re: AMS extensions and Context.
@ 2007-05-02 14:01 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-05-02 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2 May 2007, John R. Culleton wrote:

> The folks over at Scribus (a Quarkish Open Source page layout program)
> are considering using some form of TeX for math typesetting. I
> mentioned plain pdftex and Context as forms of TeX to be considered
> as well as LaTeX.  The question came up: how does Context comport
> with AMS extensions?  What should I say in reply?

ConTeXt supports about 95% of AMS features. The few that are not
supported are because no one has really asked for them yet. I wrote an
article "ConTeXt for AMS addicts" in the last issue of MAPS, which
shows how to achieve different features of AMS in ConTeXt.
Unforunately, 2006 issue of MAPS is not available online right now. If
it will help convince others, I can send you a copy of the article. I
can also post it on contextgarden, but I need to find out the
copyright issue (hopefully it will not be a problem).

Aditya

* Re: AMS extensions and Context.
@ 2007-05-02 14:44   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-05-02 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ConTeXt supports about 95% of AMS features. The few that are not
> supported are because no one has really asked for them yet. I wrote an
> article "ConTeXt for AMS addicts" in the last issue of MAPS, which
> shows how to achieve different features of AMS in ConTeXt.
> Unforunately, 2006 issue of MAPS is not available online right now. If
> it will help convince others, I can send you a copy of the article. I
> can also post it on contextgarden, but I need to find out the
> copyright issue (hopefully it will not be a problem).

I'd love to read the article, too.

Oliver