* Is this font changing allowed/correct?
@ 2009-06-13  1:43 Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2009-06-13  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Can I switch fonts like this? I know something is wrong
because it doesn't work ('concrete' typeface is not used),
but I would like to know if I'm in the right direction.

Thanks,
Maurício

%%%

\usetypescriptfile[type-gentium]
\usetypescriptfile[type-otf]
\usetypescript[gentium]
\usetypescript[concrete]
\setupbodyfont[gentium,20pt]

\starttext

Some text.

{
   \switchtobodyfont[concrete]
   More text.
}

\stoptext

%%%

* Re: Is this font changing allowed/correct?
@ 2009-06-13  7:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-06-13  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maurí­cio wrote:
> Can I switch fonts like this? I know something is wrong
> because it doesn't work ('concrete' typeface is not used),
> but I would like to know if I'm in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
> Maurício
>
> %%%
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-gentium]
> \usetypescriptfile[type-otf]
> \usetypescript[gentium]
> \usetypescript[concrete]
> \setupbodyfont[gentium,20pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> Some text.
>
> {
>   \switchtobodyfont[concrete]
>   More text.
> }

concrete roman? mkiv does not support bitmap fonts out of the box

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-06-13  7:55 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-13  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.06.2009 um 03:43 schrieb Maurí cio:

> Can I switch fonts like this? I know something is wrong
> because it doesn't work ('concrete' typeface is not used),
> but I would like to know if I'm in the right direction.

Latin Modern has no replacement for the Concrete fonts but you
can use the Computer Modern Unicode fonts.

> \usetypescriptfile[type-otf]

You don't have to to load 'type-otf', it's always loaded by ConTeXt
itself with XeTeX or LuaTeX.

Wolfgang

* Re: Is this font changing allowed/correct?
@ 2009-06-13 14:12   ` Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2009-06-13 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> Can I switch fonts like this?

>> {
>>   \switchtobodyfont[concrete]
>>   More text.
>> }

> concrete roman? mkiv does not support bitmap fonts out of the box

I got the 'concrete' name from table 1.11 of 'typography.pdf',
"The predefined body font identifiers for free OpenType fons".

This probably means I'm understanding something completely
wrong... What would that be?

Thanks,
Maurício

* Re: Is this font changing allowed/correct?
@ 2009-06-14  8:06     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-14  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.06.2009 um 16:12 schrieb Maurí cio:

>>> Can I switch fonts like this?
>
>>> {
>>>  \switchtobodyfont[concrete]
>>>  More text.
>>> }
>
>> concrete roman? mkiv does not support bitmap fonts out of the box
>
> I got the 'concrete' name from table 1.11 of 'typography.pdf',
> "The predefined body font identifiers for free OpenType fons".
>
> This probably means I'm understanding something completely
> wrong... What would that be?

You're right, the concrete fonts are mentioned in the typography chapter
but ConTeXt use now two different versions for XeTeX and LuaTeX and in
the LuaTeX part the old files are removed because we don't have the
fonts
in the minimals and better alternatives (e.g. Computer Modern Unicode)
exists for them.

Wolfgang

* Re: Is this font changing allowed/correct?
@ 2009-06-14 15:11       ` Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2009-06-14 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>>> concrete roman? mkiv does not support bitmap fonts out of the box

>> I got the 'concrete' name from table 1.11 of 'typography.pdf',
>> "The predefined body font identifiers for free OpenType fons".

> (...)
> the LuaTeX part the old files are removed because we don't have the fonts
> in the minimals and better alternatives (e.g. Computer Modern Unicode)
> exists for them.

Are there .tex code files I could read, or a macro I could
use, to get a list of the typefaces I can use and the files
and typescripts I should include and activate in order to
do so?

Thanks,
Maurício