From: "Pierre-François Bonnefoi" <bonnefoi@unilim.fr>
Subject: Re: ConTeXt gobble my mind
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:59:51 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Keith and Luigi,

On 06 Nov 2014, at 17:57, Keith J. Schultz <keithjschultz@web.de> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> I think you are approaching your problem from the wrong direction!
>
> The way I understand your problem is that you have certain criteria in your slides
> when encountered decides whether it should be output or not.
Yes.

> If this is the case then what you have is a classical parsing problem.
>
> That is you start parsing the content of the slide, until you find the criteria
> that excludes it or come to the end of the slide.
> If you find the criteria then you just continue reading to the end of the slide and not output it,
> otherwise send the gathered content to be output.

Yes, beautifully expressed.

> That would be the most elegant way and can be used for dynamic content.

Yes, but my current solution brakes on crossing the path of C code : I use \gobbleinput that is defined as (according to some documentation) :
\def\gobbleuntil#1%
  {\long\def\next##1#1{}\next}
As I understand this code, the "goblling" is made as enclosing the text that you dan't want to be added to the output as the body of a function.
If the text contains some restricted characters as the "%", this proposition brakes.

> Now, If you already know if the level is know a head of time the slides can be given a level and you can use
> a custom mode that only outputs the slides to this level.

This is what I've made : I express a list of numbered slides and check if each slide has to be outputted or not into the final document.

> Another way is to build a database or table which is processed from which to choose your slides!

This is the path I've followed so far with success for some of my lectures.
But, when I've applied the same process to slides containing C code, this process brakes.

I've tried yesterday evening to modify my slide definition to use the solution provided by Luigi, but I've failed.

> Or define a start/stop command that has a user level parameter and use mode to decide output or not!
> this approach should not interfere with other macros you are using.

How do you make this ?

Please save my remaining hairs on my head !
> Hope this helps
>
> regards
> 	Keith.

Thank you very much for sparing some time to express so efficiently my problem.

best regards,
Pierre-François.
--
Bonnefoi Pierre-Francois                |    E-mail : bonnefoi@unilim.fr http://libpfb.so/
Universite de Limoges, Laboratoire XLIM |       Tel : 06 28 18 03 38