* Lists of cross-references
@ 2006-10-13  6:26 Fredrik Sjunnesson
From: Fredrik Sjunnesson @ 2006-10-13  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm working on functions for displaying lists of cross-references
between documents and I'm therefore a bit curious to here if others have
similar needs. If there are, maybe I should try to make a real module
and not just at private hack. Maybe modules for this already exist.

A substantial part of my work as software engineer I spend writing and
maintaining documents, e.g. 'User requirement specification',
'Functional specification', 'Design specification', 'Test
specification', 'Test plan', 'Test results', 'Project plan'.

Between these documents are often large number of cross-references, e.g.
functions in the FS refer to requirements in the URS, tests in the TS
refer to functions in the FS and requirements URS and so on and so on.

To get a better overview of all this I would like to end each section
with a list of relevant cross-references, e.g. at the end of function A
it says that it refers to requirements B and C and is in turn referred
to by test E, F and G etc.

Any input is welcome,
Fredrik

Teknisk projektledare
PhD Complex Systems
AcobiaFLUX AB
fredrik.sjunnesson@acobiaflux.se
Tel: +46 (0) 31 722 48 11
Fax: +46 (0) 31 722 48 01
Mob: +46 (0) 733 27 92 41
www.acobiaflux.se

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-10-13  6:26 UTC | newest]