* contents pagebreak before new part
@ 2003-02-12 21:02 Ron van Ostayen
From: Ron van Ostayen @ 2003-02-12 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

Our conference proceedings are divided into several sessions (\parts)
with several articles (\chapters) in each part.
I'm trying to force a page-break at a certain point in a table of
contents, just before a new part.
However,  if I put

\completecontent[pageboundaries={3}]

in the file, the TOC doesn't page break before part 3 but before every
3rd chapter of each part.
Any ideas how to correct this behavior?

Ron van Ostayen
laboratory of Tribology, WbMT, OCP, TUDelft

* Re: contents pagebreak before new part
@ 2003-02-12 22:10 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-02-12 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm trying to force a page-break at a certain point in a table of
> contents, just before a new part.

Did you try
\writebetweenlist[part]{\page}

(see manual, part 'References')

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
www.fiee.net/texnique/
www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re: contents pagebreak before new part
@ 2003-02-13  7:48   ` Ron van Ostayen
From: Ron van Ostayen @ 2003-02-13  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

>> I'm trying to force a page-break at a certain point in a table of
>> contents, just before a new part.
>

> Did you try
> \writebetweenlist[part]{\page}
>
> (see manual, part 'References')
>
> Grüßlis vom Hraban!

Thanks.  This works, however :-) ...

This command is inserted somewhere in the maintext where a pagebreak in
the toc is required.
I think it is more appropriate to edit the toc close to the command that
places the toc:
\completecontent

The manual states that:
\completecontent[pageboundaries={3}]
forces a pagebreak after chapter 3.
However, for my document, divided in parts containing multiple chapters,
it forces a pagebreak after every 3rd chapter in each part.

Greetings,
Ron

* Re: contents pagebreak before new part
@ 2003-02-13  8:25 ` Ron van Ostayen
From: Ron van Ostayen @ 2003-02-13  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ron van Ostayen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Our conference proceedings are divided into several sessions (\parts)
> with several articles (\chapters) in each part.
> I'm trying to force a page-break at a certain point in a table of
> contents, just before a new part.
> However,  if I put
>
> \completecontent[pageboundaries={3}]
>
> in the file, the TOC doesn't page break before part 3 but before every
> 3rd chapter of each part.
> Any ideas how to correct this behavior?

Just my own follow-up:
I wanted to force a pagebreak in order to prevent a session title to
appear standing alone on the bottom of a page, without any article
titles following it.
(widow/orphan type of situation)

I have solved it (I think) by inserting the following code in the list
definition:
\setuplist[part][before={\page[bigpreference]}]

The toc is now just as I would like it to be.

@ 2003-02-14 20:28   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-02-14 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Donnerstag, 13.02.03 um 09:25 Uhr schrieb Ron van Ostayen:

>> \completecontent[pageboundaries={3}]

In the manual there is
\completecontent[pageboundaries={2.2,8.5,12.3.3}]

Did you try "3.0" or "3.1" ?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
www.fiee.net/texnique/